The Leap

Maes's Adobe, Mantah Corp Island:

P.O.V Change: Yaz

"We could make disguises for all the dinosaurs." I hear Ben say from the living areas of the cave. I roll my eyes and turn to Sammy. We are in the kitchen, preparing cups of cocoa for everyone. Sammy points her finger to her temple, twirling it, implying that Ben is crazy. We giggle at her antics as I finish the last cup and start to head back to the living area. "Ok, I know I said no idea is a bad idea...." I hear Darius say before Ryan follows him up. "But that's a terribly bad idea." We enter the living and see Ben with a pout on his face, Darius sitting upside down beside him. Ryan, leaning on the cave wall adjacent to them. I see Ben's pout and Darius's tapping his finger on the couch. "Uh-oh. Looks like Ben and Darius have their thinking caps on. Don't think too hard, boys. You might cause an aneurysm." I say jokingly as Sammy puts down their cups on the table. I put Brooklynn's on the table as well before walking over to Ryan. I pass the cup to him as he smiles. "Thanks, luv." He says as he pecks me on the cheek. I blush at the action and pull a strand of hair behind my ear. I playfully slap him on the chest. "Stop....that's embarrassing." I whisper to him as he smirks. "You love it and don't even try to deny it." He whispers back as I playfully scoff and slap him again. We chuckle at our own antics and turn to see everyone, minus Brooklynn, staring at us with amused expressions. "Are we a show or something?" Yaz asks them in a jokingly stern voice.....but they don't know the difference. They quickly look away, with Ben going the extra mile and starts to whistle inconspicuously.

Me and Ryan just laugh while slipping our cocoa. The cave door opens as Brooklynn waltzes in. She puts her foot on the table, giving us cause to look down at her shoe. "I can't believe I finally got these babies clean." She says happily as I raise an eyebrow. I glance around and see that I'm not the only one either. "Nothing's changed." "They look exactly like they did before." Ryan and Ben say respectively as Brooklynn gasps in mock horror. "The audacity." She says playfully. Sammy smirks and holds Brooklynn's cup up to her. "I can tell that they're cleaner." She says as Brooklynn smiles. "Tha k you Sammy. It's nice to be complimented. Some are just plain rude." She says while eyeing Ryan and Ben. Ben shrugs while Ryan holds up a middle finger. I slap him upside the head as he looks bewildered at me. I give him a hard stare, silently telling him to behave. He nods and hangs his head in submission while also kissing the on top of my head. I pull the cup up to my lips and take a sip.....but secretly smile at Ryan's submission. I lean into Ryan's chest as he pulls me into his embrace, he wraps an arm around my waist. I rest my loose hand on his arm while holding my cup up. Sammy sits on the recliner chair while Brooklynn sits in-between Darius and Ben. "So....what were you talking about?" I ask the boys as Darius puts his cup down. "We might have destroyed Mr. Kon's way to make more dino control chips. but he's already one step ahead of us." Darius says as Ryan speaks up. "Destroying the chips and getting the files was the right way to go but we still have to contend with the dinos that are still chipped here. Not to mention the ones that Kon will bring back from Nublar." He says as Ben follows up. "So, we're trying to come up with ideas and ways to protect them from whatever Kon has up his sleeve. But apparently......disguises are off the table." He says while drinking. "Sure, we can do disguises." Ryan says as Ben goes wide eyed and spits his cocoa out in surprise. "We can?" "What?" Ben and the rest of us say respectively while looking at Ryan who has a mischievous smirk on his face. "Yeah.....if you want, you can do them alone." He says while looking at Ben. He goes to retort but stops at finally realizing the stupidity of his suggestion. Yeah.....let's disguise giant finishes that can eat, tear, impale and squish us....great idea. We all laugh at Ben who pouts but I can see the happy, joking smile that he is trying to hide. "This is so nice. All of us, warm and cosy.....sharing a cup of cocoa together." Sammy says as we all smile at her sentiment. "Too bad we can't do this for the dinos. It'll be a lot easier to keep them safe if they were all snuggled in one place." She says while sipping her drink. I take my own sip but notice the pondered look on Darius's face. "What....if they could?" He says while we all look at him. "How do you mean?" Ryan asks as Darius puts his cup down and heads out of the cave. We put ours down and follow after him.