View from The Top

Seven campers....six vine knots....five supply bags....four boxes of fresh water....three days of building....two arguments over who drives....and one large body of water between us and salvation. I tighten the knot around the lower part of the sail to the mast. I look over and see Kenji and Sammy playing, splashing each other. I notice Brooklynn tightening one of Yaz's knots, smiling at her which Yaz looks back with a raised eyebrow before chuckling. We are gaze back at the island that we are floating away from. Finally....after so long, we are finally heading back home. "Goodbye, Jurassic World." I hear Darius say beside me. Even after everything we have been through, he will still miss this place and there isn't a bone in my body that won't disagree. Even with all the dangers....the island has a sense of wonder that can never be truly achieved.

I see Bumpy in the distance. She crying out for Ben who sadly looks back and says his goodbyes. Those two have been together, trusting each other for a long time, that bond....it's hard to let go. The moment is ruined by Kenji who whoops in laughter. "See you never, stupid dino-island! You thought you could eat us. No way! You thought you could stomp on us? Think again." He says dramatically. "How about I push you off and you can either swim to Costa Rica or back to Nublar. Your choice mate." I say cheekily from the back which Kenji turns and glares. I laugh at him. Even after everything there still is some like bit of arrogant Kenji in there and I like that. He wouldn't be Kenji without it.

I walk over and kneel down beside Yaz who smiles at me. "Doesn't seem real does it?" She asks. "No it doesn't....feels like a dream actually....punch me in face, I think I'm dreaming." I say jokingly as she laughs. "No, you aren't dreaming you idiot." She replies back heartedly. "Certainly feels like it." I say. "You thought you could crush our spirits. Think again!" Sammy says as she and Kenji do a weird....handshake.....high five? I don't know. I hear Ben in the back say. "Well the island did crush my spirit....than I defeat Toro." He says dramatically. Me and Yaz have the same idea of slapping ourselves in the face. "Not again." We both say. "Hey mate...we get it....you defeated Toro. Well done." I say as I harden my stare at him which he takes as the cue to stop talking.

Suddenly the raft shakes. We are exclaim, surprised at the sheer force. I notice the waves are getting rough and choppy. The ocean was calm earlier. Only thing that it could be would be...."Um....guys?" Brooklynn says alerting us to the massive wave coming. "Everyone secure the vines." Brooklynn says which Yaz questions. "How?" Brooklynn looks confused. "I don't know, pull on them?" She says as I tighten the vines around the base of the rudder. "I thought you said you had raft experience." Yaz replies back to Brooklynn with annoyance. "I said some raft experience. Some!" Brooklynn tries to reason. "Oh....so only some of us will die." Yaz replies sarcastically.

"Stop arguing." I say as I slam my axe into the wood under me. "Brace yourselves." I say as the wave towers over us. The sail is blasted off from the high pressure of the winds for which Yaz turns and glares at Brooklynn. The wave is literally right above us and about to break over us. We are hold on tightly for the crash. The freezing cold water slams into me and I feel like I'm being pulled in half and being in the dryer for an hour at the same time.

I wash up on the beach. The plank of wood was ripped out, my axe's incision and my strength too much for the dried wood. I reach over and pull the wood off and carelessly chucked it away. Well that plan just want down the drain. We worked our asses off for that raft. I get up and move to see the others coming too. "All good?" I ask the others for which my deadpan stare at me. Yeah....thought so.

We walk slowly back to the treehouse. Everyone is miserable. But our clothes are clean so that's good, the smell of saltwater is going to take forever to get out and the wet socks. Eww. "Bumpy! Bumpy, we're back!" Ben is screaming out for the Ankylosaur. Bumpy does show up and reunites with Ben who hugs the massive herbivore. "Circle up guys. Camp meeting!" Darius says as we begin to climb the ladder up to the common room. Kenji decided to go the hard way and go up the slide. You do you mate.