Chapter 2 - The Reject's Heroism: 10 Years Later

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

(3rd Person's POV)

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

It was early in the morning as we see Izuku Yagi, now 14 years old. Getting up from his old bed, he turned off his alarm clock as he went to the bathroom to freshen up. In the bathroom, he took his clothes off to take a bath.

When he took his clothes off, he saw some burn marks made by his former friends, Katsuki and Katsumi, more commonly known in their school, The Bakugo Twins. Not only were there burn marks but there were also some cuts on his arm that were probably caused by self-harm.

After taking a bath, he went back to his bed to fix it. Once he was finished, he went outside his room to head to the dining room to eat his breakfast.

In the dining room, he saw his sister, Izumi, sitting there, fiddling with her phone. Whilst his mother, Inko, was cooking their breakfast in the kitchen. He didn't see his father, Toshinori, so he assumed he went to work.

Izuku: "Good morning, Izumi."

Izumi: "Good morning, Izuku!"

Inko: "..."

Izumi responded to Izuku's greeting with a cheerful voice and a small smile. While Inko didn't notice their exchange as she was focusing on cooking. Izumi noticed this and told her mom from the dining table.

Izumi: "Mom! Izuku's here"

Inko: "Oh. Good morning, Izuku..."

Izuku: "Good morning to you too mom."

One could easily tell that Inko's tone while greeting Izuku held complete disinterest. Izumi just sighed in response to her mother's tone. While Izuku was already used to this treatment at home.

After Izuku was deemed quirkless, his parents started to neglect him. Constantly forgetting to include Izuku in their conversations, or only making plans for 3 during family outings. Izumi had tried her best to fix these problems but had always failed as neither Toshinori nor Inko held any interest in interacting with Izuku.

Izumi: 'Seriously, they're always like this it's so damn annoying.'

Izuku: 'Still the same as ever, huh?'

Both Izuku and Izumi thought with a frown. After a few minutes of waiting, Inko served their breakfast, which is an eggs benedict. They then started eating their breakfast in silence. Once the dishes were cleaned, Izuku and Izumi went outside with Izuku heading first.

Inko: "Have a good day!"

 ∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆

When Izuku and Izumi arrived at their middle school, they saw some very familiar faces walking ahead of them. So they picked up the pace to greet them.

Izuku: "Good morning, Shoto, Shoka."

Izumi: "Good morning guys!"

Shoto: "Good morning, Izuku, Izumi."

Shoka: "Good morning to both of you!"

Izumi and Shoka's way of greeting other people was always so cheerful and energetic. Both of them knew that their sisters were always going to be the energetic ones. They didn't mind it though as it was always nice to see their sisters happy.

They started walking to the school while they were engaging in some idle conversation with each other. While they were walking, some of the students looked at Izuku with a sneer. However, they quickly averted their eyes when Shoto glared at them.