Chapter 13 - Retirement Party & Arrival: Clash

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

(3rd Person's POV)

Izuku: 'Great. Just great.'

The situation that Izuku found himself in was very annoying to him. He had wanted to spend the party celebrating Artoria's retirement and to see how the Todoroki twins were holding up since he knew that Endeavor would get an invitation and they would've most likely come along. His prediction was correct, for the most part. However, he didn't think that All Might, of all people, would come since the No.1 and No.3 Heroes never interacted out in public.

All Might: "I AM DOING QUITE WELL, ARTORIA. I AM HERE TO THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE DURING YOUR TIME AS A HERO!"

Artoria: "Thank you, All Might. Getting praise from the Symbol of Peace himself, I am honored."

All Might: "HAHAHA! THE HONOR IS MINE. HM? WHO ARE THESE TWO?"

He said while pointing at Izuku and Anastasia. Izuku had an apathetic expression in response to being noticed by the Symbol of Peace. On the other hand, Anastasia was only mildly happy, from the small smile on her face, since she was never a big fan of All Might.

Anastasia: "Nice to meet you, I'm Anastasia Fujiwara. I guess you can consider me as Auntie's apprentice."

All Might: "OH? YOUR APPRENTICE, EH? YOU SEEM LIKE A FINE YOUNG LADY. I'M SURE THAT YOU'LL BE A GREAT HERO IN THE FUTURE!"

Anastasia: "Thank you very much."

All Might: "WHAT ABOUT YOU, YOUNG MAN?"

Izuku: "My name is..."

Izuku: 'Crap. What do I say? I can't possibly tell him my real last name.'

izuku: "...Pendragon. Izuku Pendragon, the son."

The three who were with him widened their eyes at Izuku's response. All Might whip his head back to Artoria for confirmation. However, she was still frozen by what Izuku had said. Before All Might could ask Artoria questions, Izuku gave her a look that says: "play along". She nodded lightly in response without getting the suspicion of All Might.

All Might: "IS THAT TRUE? IT'S VERY SURPRISING TO HEAR THAT YOU HAVE A SON, ARTORIA."

Artoria: "...Yes, Izuku's my son."

All Might: "I SEE. BUT STILL, IZUKU, HUH?"

He adopted a thinking pose as the big smile on his face faded. Artoria noticed this and quickly connected the dots. Izuku's expression during her speech, lying to him about his last name, and All Might's reaction to the name "Izuku". Meanwhile, Anastasia was also getting suspicious of Izuku's and All Might's behavior. She wasn't stupid. Far from it, actually. She knew something was up but she didn't have enough information to make a proper conclusion.

Izuku: "Hoh? Do you know anyone with the name Izuku?"

Putting his right hand on his chin, and his left on his hip, Izuku asked All Might while wearing a mischievous grin. Amusement was also present in his eyes. Artoria recognized his expression as the one that Gilgamesh wears if he's toying with his opponents.

All Might: "...Y-YES, MY SON'S NAME IS IZUKU. I ALSO HAVE A DAUGHTER NAMED IZUMI. BOTH OF THEM ARE TWINS."

Izuku: 'You've no right to claim yourself as my father.'

Izuku: "I see... It's only natural, you've been happily married to Green Tempest for more than two decades. Are they the same age as us? We're 15."

All Might: "WHY YES THEY ARE! MY DAUGHTER IS SET TO ATTEND U.A., BUT I'M NOT SURE IF MY SON WANTS TO ATTEND U.A."