Chapter 21 - Battle Trial: Denouement

A/N: This chapter will have a different writing style because I kinda wanted to try it out and experiment with whatever writing style I'm comfortable with. Hope y'all don't mind.

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

(3rd Person's POV)

"THE FIFTH ROUND PARTICIPANTS, ASTOLFO, MINA ASHIDO, IZUMI YAGI, AND YUGA AOYAMA PLEASE PROCEED TO GROUND BETA," the Symbol of Peace, All Might, said while gesturing to the door.

The four of them walked in a line as they went out the door, but before Izumi exited the monitor room, her mother, Green Tempest, whispered something to her as she flashed a thumbs up, "Good luck, Izumi. Remember, be careful."

"Thanks, Green Tempest-sensei, I'll keep that in mind," she said as she shot her a smile.

Izumi then proceeded to get out of the room while her 20 swords followed behind her. Once the doors closed, her smile instantly dropped as the previously cheery expression adorning her face morphed into a slightly annoyed one. She refused to let her classmates know that she was the daughter of the famous Hero couple since she despised them. Of course, who could blame her? 

Her mother and father neglected Izuku because he was Quirkless, or so they thought. At this point, Izuku still hadn't told Izumi how he got his powers, so she was still out of the loop. She made a mental note to know the details sooner or later. But, for now, the battle trial against Team E takes priority.

∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆ • ∆

Aoyama and Izumi situated the payload on the highest floor of the building where the battle trial will commence. They were the Villains for the fifth round while the other two were the Heroes. Izumi was preparing for the match by spreading out small doohickeys all around the building. Every last corner of the building was occupied by these, so she could still fight even if she was incapacitated by Astolfo's chains.

'She's probably going to be the more troublesome opponent of the two,' Izumi mused.

"[Hello, mademoiselle Yagi, may I ask something?]" Aoyama asked on their communication device.

"[Sure, what's up?]" Izumi responded as she put her index finger on the communication device in her right ear.

"[Can you perchance explain to me what kind of devious plan you have conceived?]"

"[Simple, I'll try to overwhelm the two of them but, if one or both of them get past me, then it's up to you. Unless you wanna come with me down here?]" she said the latter part with a teasing smile, which he couldn't see.

"[No, I'm quite comfortable up here, mademoiselle Yagi. However, hypothetically, if one of them were to get past you, and I need help, what then?]"

"[Relax, I left five of my swords there and planted some of my gizmos in the corner of that room, so you should be good. You just need to stay with the bomb.]"

"[Gizmos? By that, do you mean the--]"

"[THE INDOOR BATTLE TRIAL ROUND FIVE STARTS NOW!]" All Might shout disturbingly in their ears.

"[Haaah... All right, Aoyama-kun, let's do our best!]" Izumi said as she sighed, tired from hearing her father's voice.

"[Right!]"

As soon as she heard an answer, she took her finger out of her ear and put herself in an attack position. She was on the first floor of the building behind a pillar in a spacious room, waiting for any sign of the enemy team. After a few seconds, heavy footsteps could be heard echoing through the large room.