Chapter 12 - Retirement Party & Arrival: All For One

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

(3rd Person's POV)

On the evening of the Retirement Party, a Limousine could be seen on the streets of Musutafu. Its destination was the Retirement Party of the now-former No.3 Hero, Artoria. Inside the car, Izuku, Anastasia, and Artoria were seated on a luxurious L-shaped couch while having a conversation.

Izuku: "Artoria-san, are you sure that you can attend the party?"

Artoria: "For the last time Izuku, I'm fine. I just... remembered some of my regrets is all."

The King of Knights was wearing a stunning white dress. She had three turquoise-colored ribbons on her hair, chest, and hip. Additionally, she was wearing an exquisite tiara along with some white gloves.

Artoria: 'It seems that living among the general populace without having to be a King has made me more emotional...'

Anastasia: *whispers* "Why do you keep asking that question over and over again? You're the one who said that there's no stopping her once she's made up her mind."

Izuku: *whispers* "I can't help it. Artoria-san is basically like a mother to me so it's only natural that I'd worry."

Anastasia: *whispers* "The same goes for me too, you know. Auntie's the one who has taken care of me ever since my father abandoned me."

Izuku's eyes widened slightly since this is the first time that Anastasia told him anything about her past. He never asked about it because he didn't want to push her to do so. Another reason was that he also hasn't told anyone about his past to the people living with him.

The conversation between the two stopped there as Izuku sighed and whispered a small apology. However, something was bugging him so he decided to ask Artoria about it.

Izuku: "Artoria-san, is Gilgamesh-san coming with us to the party?"

Artoria: "Unfortunately, he isn't coming with us."

Anastasia: "Why is that?"

Artoria: "Well, he told me earlier that he found a lead on a very dangerous Villain that knows about the fact that Gil and I aren't from this world. Apart from the Villain, there is only one other person who knows the secrets that Gil and I keep hidden."

Immediately after the idea that people other than them know about Artoria and Gilgamesh's secret popped into their heads, Izuku and Anastasia looked worried. That's because one of them is apparently, a very dangerous Villain that may use this knowledge to gain an advantage over the Pendragons.

Izuku: "Is Gilgamesh-san going to fight that Villain alone?!"

Artoria: "Yes, he probably is. I whole-heartedly wish that I could have fought alongside him against that man. However, he insisted that he do this alone. Besides, I have faith in my husband's strength."

Anastasia: "...Who's the other person that knows about you guys?"

Artoria: "The other person that knows about us is a respectable old man named Sorahiko Torino."

Izuku: "Wha-"

Anastasia and Artoria's heads immediately whipped to Izuku's direction, who had accidentally blurted it out. Izuku's expression was one of pure shock and surprise because his "Grandpa" knows the secret of the Pendragons. Both of the girls had curious expressions because of Izuku's behavior.

Artoria: "Do you know him?"

Izuku: "...Yeah, I do. He is someone akin to a grandfather to me."

Artoria: "I see. Your grandfather is very kind. He even went as far as to forge my and Gil's identification so that the government won't be suspicious of us."