Chapter 20 - Battle Trial: Consecutive Bouts

A/N: By the way, Shoto and Shoka's Hero Costumes will be the dark blue ones that Shoto wore during the Hero Agency Internships (Hero Killer arc) Also, their costumes will be identical.

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

(Shoto Todoroki's POV)

All Might: "[THE INDOOR BATTLE TRIAL ROUND TWO STARTS NOW!]"

The second All Might said those words, Shoji used his Quirk, Replicant Arms, to grow ears on his tentacles inside of the building. After a few seconds, he got the information he needed as he looked back at me, with his mask still covering his face, as he turned the ears into 2 mouths and spoke to me as he kept his sharp gaze straight ahead.

Shoji: "Both of them are on the north side of the fifth floor. It seems like they're... Yes, planning an ambush."

Shoto: "Stay outside, it's dangerous here. If my sister gets enough time to prepare, our chances of winning will diminish."

Touching the wall with my right hand, frost surrounded it as the ice spread throughout the entire hallway. Shoji withdrew from the building as the ice kept spreading, encasing everything in its way with its cold. Eventually, the entire building became encased in ice. I also took care not to freeze the payload since it would result in a loss of points.

Shoto: "Hopefully, I made it in time before she--"

I was suddenly interrupted by flames erupting from every direction in the hallway. I managed to make it out of there and regroup with Shoji as we looked at the building before us. The entire building was enveloped in a warm flame, melting the ice that I had produced. I could tell that the flames weren't enough to damage anyone, not even enough to leave a burn mark. But, it was enough to melt my ice.

Shoto: *sighs* "It seems like she already finished."

Shoji: "...What do you mean?"

Shoto: "My sister. Her preparations have been completed. With this, she's probably already riddled the entire building with traps."

The flames died down and left behind trails of water all over the building. I sent a small nod to Shoji as we entered the building once again. We cautiously walked in the hallways as I started to explain the properties of my sister's Quirk to Shoji after I thought about my options. Both of us still had our focused and sharp gazes scanning the area around us while Shoji still had ears on his tentacles.

Shoto: 'Using my ice on the building again would be futile. On the other hand, if I use my flames, the building would collapse, which is why Shoka's flames were weak. I treat this training exercise as if it were the real thing, so damaging the payload is something I can't afford.'

Shoji: "It's a good thing that those flames weren't enough to damage us. Is it her limit?"

Shoto: "No. It isn't her limit. Far from it, actually. You see, my sister can manipulate the ice and flames that she produces. If she wanted, the flames from earlier could've easily been just as hot as any other flames."

Shoji: "I see..."

Shoto: "She can't do much with her flames. The most she can do is expand it or manipulate its temperature since she prioritized her ice manipulation training."

Shoji: "I understand. But, between the two of you, who would win?"

Shoto: "It would be tough, but I would. She knows that, so she's probably going to use traps to stall for time."