22

"Yet, God, I want to talk to everybody I can as deeply as I can. I want to be able to sleep in an open field, to travel west, to walk freely at night"

The stilling sound of ones heart beating didn't last for long. But even if Rebecca or Dallas wanted to scream, it would be like mist within the fog.

Thousands of adoring fans were pressing themselves towards the band, practically bending themselves over the railing. Security guards stood just in front of the stage, sending glares to every audience member in sight.

This was just another day for the men in black, leading Dallas and Rebecca' attempt at fighting to be nothing out of the ordinary.

"This is childish." I told him as loudly as humanly possible. Here we were, screaming at each other which in this situation, was equivalent to a normal inside voice.

He only snickered. At least, that's what he appeared to have done. "You think I wanna be here with you? I just came here to enjoy myself."

She was getting frustrated. "What the fuck does that have to do with anything!" She shrieked, putting her hands in her hair as she attempted to calm herself down.

Dallas subtly took in this current state of mind she was in. He looked her over, taking in her madness. It was funny, seeing her not as fully pristine as she usually was.

"You're cute when you get flustered doll." He said. His intimidating stare sending her back into her original way of acting.

Managing to keep her cool, she gained back focus. Her peril wasn't as gruesome anymore, for the sudden realization that maybe she could still have a good time hit her. And besides, she was front and center at a Beatles concert. Front and center. The only thing threatening her ability to have a good time being the boy she just couldn't get away from.

She then did something impulsive. Something that caught Dallas off guard. As the Beatles ordered the crowd to Twist and Shout Rebecca pulled him aside into somewhat of a corner in the mob of people, not caring if she could even get back to her original spot.

She caught her breath before telling Dallas what she knew she needed to say, staring intently at him with a certain goal in mind. She had never even considered acting this way towards him before, but here she was. Ready to put her one time offer on the table.

"Look Winston, I want to have a good time, you want to have a good time. But how about for just one night, we skip the insults and just watch the concert. I know you don't like the Beatles, but if we can't seem to avoid each other we might as well have one good time, just one. Then, after tonight, everything will go back to the way it was."

Rebecca considered telling him that it was, in a way, payback for her helping him out in the bar. But she didn't like putting people in debt to her. Besides, that was more so her paying him back for helping her.

Dallas was taking a moment to allow this to sink in. He still couldn't hear half of what she was saying, for the room was still filled to the brim with passion and madness. He made it appear as if he were about to disagree, and for a moment she faltered, preparing to take her leave. How easy it is to disappear.

"Alright" He bluntly agreed.

She nodded quickly, for she was in a hurry not to miss the next song. The pair rushed into the crowd, pushing through as many people as they could. It didn't matter in the least bit if they got grunts of complaints, for they had just made a massive decision. Although, it's amusing. This decision to have no bad blood for an hour or so is so powerful, it's such a bold step. And yet, they are both too proud to admit it.