24

"August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd, uneven time"

Romeo is a complete and total dumbass. It's true, and I refuse to revoke my statement.

To start with, he wasn't even in love. He was infatuated. There's a difference between the two. Romeo also was idiotic when planning him and Juliet's great escapade. He should have thought it all through, maybe planned his love out better.

In my opinion, I believe he made up that vision of her in his head.

Speaking of literature, I finished The Bell Jar. It was a good read, but a few thoughts crossed my mind while I read through the lines. The controversy behind it is enough to make me question what kind of book this happens to be. She rants on about feminism when her idea of feminism only involves the average white woman. It doesn't add up in my brain. In the end, we are all women, fighting together for the thing we want most. Equality, respect, it is all one single thing we all desire.

In an attempt to take my mind off things, I traveled nearby to the library. The aisles and aisles of books refreshing my soul to this unmeasurable happiness.

Trisha mentioned earlier that she had missed me, and that I need to put my priorities straight. Texas, or the room filled with books. As I sat by her desk per usual, she kept a fan clutched in her hand. For the air conditioning had broke, leaving her with nothing but thin paper to keep her cool.

"So tell me, how was your big vacation."

I chuckled at how extravagant she made it sound. "I wouldn't call it a 'big vacation' it was more subtle. We went to Texas for a concert, we went back."

A sly grin had taken over her lips. There was something she wasn't telling me, but at the same time, so was I.

"Mhm, a concert, that's it." She muttered, her nose in a book as she solemnly listened to me.

I crossed my arms, the new book I had acquired from her now sitting in my lap abandoned.

"What are you going on about now?" I asked, pride and prejudice frowning my way.

Turning a page, she replied. "Oh please, don't act like you don't have something for that one boy. I saw you two together the other day in town."

I immediately started to panic. Had she discovered me and Dallas's little rivalry? If so, I had to defend it. To tell her that I swear I will never involve myself with a boy like him. Trisha has ranted on before about bad men, how they can easily turn your life around. Whether it's for better, or for worse.

She was laughing at my now white face. "Sorry if I got you flustered darling, but I had to ask. He's such a doll that boy, I've seen him around town. The kid fixed my car for free once, he's quite the character you know."

My next response I had to practically choke out. "I'm sorry, what's his name?"

She looked as if she were deep in thought as she searched for the saints name. "Something having to do with a drink? I think it was Soda maybe, I could be wrong though. That's quite an odd name compared to the Timothy's and Frank's I know."

I tried to the best of my ability to force out a laugh. Soda and I were far from anything more than friends. And I'm well aware that that's what everyone says, but I know personally that I would never allow our friendship to take another turn. Besides, he has a girlfriend.

And although I've never met her, I respect the girl, regardless of who she is.

"We're friends, that's it."