59

"Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead"

Dallas Winston

Despite Dallas's entire world changing, the stars have stayed the same nonetheless.

But despite this, he is still in his own pit of misery. For the stars are too far for him to see as he sits at the bar inside Bucks. He downs another glass, gesturing to Buck to pour him another.

Buck looks at him warily. "I know you know what you're doin' Winston but that many drinks ain't good. I can't be responsible for a dead man."

"Who gives a shit? Pour me another one of those will ya?" He responded.

Clearly, something was wrong with Dallas. Something that was his fault, no doubt. But Buck still felt wary about why he was drinking this much. Especially because nothing ever gets Dallas this upset. For Dallas has lived in Tulsa for years, but nobody has ever seen him drink this much.

If only they knew that the reason Dallas is drinking is, well, is because of love.

Yes, you read that correctly. Dallas has fallen in love, only to ruin it all.

He has fallen in deep, and now he knows what it feels like to love someone at their best and their worst. He knows what it means to be mesmerized by a woman, to be enticed by her beauty. Dallas never expected to fall in love, for he never thought anyone would dare. But she did. Even when he pushed her away, she stayed beside him and saw right through him. She saw both the good and the bad but still stayed. If anything, she did more than stay. She showed him how if feels to be wanted. To be needed. To be loved.

And now, everything he once had is gone. All because of him. He has tried everything but nothing works anymore. Drugs are like candy and alcohol is like milk. But he can't help but try.

He wants to find something that will make him forget, but all he can seem to do is remember.

However, if there is one thing Dallas wants to get across, it is that he wants no pity. He does not deserve pity. For he did lie to her. He lied and kept his secret hidden from her. All in hopes that she wouldn't find out, but it is inevitable that all secrets must come to light eventually.

But while he knows he is the bad guy, a part of him wishes he didn't have to be. All he had to do was not fuck things up with Rebecca, and look at what he did. He didn't only fuck things up, he completely destroyed himself in the process.

So now, here he is. Sitting at the bar with a drink in his hand, wondering why he had to let everything go to shit. Dallas was fine wallowing in his misery. That is, until he showed up.

The door opened, and Dallas took no notice of it until he heard a voice call out to him.

"So you got dumped by the soc Winston?"

This was a voice he knew all too well. Dallas didn't respond, he only stiffened as he forced himself to not strike him then and there.

When Dallas didn't react, James stayed persistent. "Well, good things there's plenty of bitches in the sea."

"Shut your mouth Cooley." Dallas finally responded, turning just slightly as he glowered at him.

James sneered. "Oh I'll shut my mouth when she finally shuts hers. You dated an intense chick Winston. Really, I wish you let me get my share of the broad. At least now that she dumped your ass we can finish what we started in the bedroom—"