Chapter 3

Valentina Gracia

I check the streets and make sure no one is there and slip a gun into the gun holder. I wear the mask on and walk through the dark streets constantly checking my surroundings subtly.

Once you escape the mafia a constant fear surrounds you and you have to keep in check for everything. But that's not my case, the reason why I check things is that I still control some things.

As soon as I reach the beach I immediately spot him, I sigh in relief and go towards him removing my mask. I stand beside him not looking into his eyes. "Speak," I mutter in a voice void of any emotions. He finches as if he just noticed me in here.

I immediately sense that something is wrong and my hands go to the gun behind me. "No, nothing is wrong reina." [Queen] He says almost sensing my panic. "I-It's just something at h-home." He stutters making me raise my eyebrow in question. His hesitation gives everything away making my heart drop.

"It's my family," I say making him nod. "What happened?" I ask trying to keep my panic inside me.

"There was a b-blast." He says while gulping. "Rey y Príncipe were inside the basement." [King and Prince] he says trying to hold in a sob. My heart clenches and my fingers start to tremble. What?

This isn't happening. Please let them be fine.

"¿mamá?" [Mom] I ask with pain clear in my voice. I don't think I can hide it anymore.

"She's safe, I-I was with her at the mall when it happened." He informs. "The whole building is now ashes, nothing was found." He says. My knees give in but I refuse to fall down in front of the guy whom I trained.

No emotions, I remind myself.

"Who?" I ask in the deadliest possible voice removing all sorts of pain from it. I'm well trained to control my emotions even in the worst situations. I watch hesitation again in his face. I mentally pray that it isn't the person whom I am thinking is. "Rafael who?" I ask again clenching my jaw while closing my eyes.

"Leonid." He says making my anger rise, even more, fucking hell I knew it. Motherfucker doesn't let us live in peace, does he? "After you disappeared H-he started capturing mafia's like Iran, Pakistan and turkey." He says making me clench my fist even tighter. "The European side is still in our control but I-I don't know till when he already has turkey and now he is going to take control of the Spanish Mafia, we don't know what to do Reina." [Queen]

"Fuck." I mutter and bite my lips knowing there's only one way to stop him. "That fucking agreement," I say already knowing that it's useless until I return.

There's no fucking way that I would return.

"The condition is too bad Reina, women trafficking increased. The number of pointless deaths increased, everything is out of control." He sighs and runs his hands through his hair. "The agreement is not valid until the king and the queen reunite to get all the European Mafia together." He says as a matter of fact.

Does he think I don't know that?

"I'm not coming back," I state while closing my eyes. What the actual fuck is wrong with me? My father and brother are supposed to be dead and I'm being stubborn now?

"Reina-" he starts only to be cut off by a gunshot. My eyes widen and I duck him behind the car.

"What the fuck was that?" I ask him.

"I don't know." He says with panic visible on his face. "Los niños." [The kids]  he gasps and immediately stands up shoots in the direction the gunshot came from. Panic embraces my body and I immediately grab the gun from behind and stand up behind Rafael. He covers me as we both continue shooting.

He suddenly hisses in pain once we're near an alley. "Fuck." He cries out holding his hand over an arm.

"Shit," I mutter and grab his hand running in the direction of my house. Once we're in I quickly lock the door and grab one of my scarfs which were on the couch. I tie it to his arm and he hisses in pain. "I'll get the kids and you get the plane ready," I say as I rushed upstairs. I quickly opened the door to see both of them sleeping calmly.

"Javi? Sienna? Get up. Quick." I said in a rushed voice as I turned the lights on. I took my bag which had all the important details and money before leaving for my bedroom. "Rafael, you can meet them. Just don't scare them off." I shout as I rush to my bedroom.

My gaze lands on the box on the nightstand making me sigh. Without thinking much I grab it and put it inside the bag. "Mommy?" I heard Javier's small voice beside me. He was rubbing his eyes with a small pout on his face. "Where are we going?" He asks but I just grab his hand and start walking towards the stairs.

"We're going to Spain baby. You need to be quite okay?" I ask and he nods slowly.

I meet Rafael who has Sienna in his arms despite being in pain he looks at her with so much adoration that clenches my heart. He was the closest person I had when I was training some people, in the past five years he was never allowed to see the kids because the second rule I was thought: never to trust anyone.

He was the person who made me settle down here and helped me a lot trust me I wanted to show him the kids but the last time I listened to my heart, it just didn't end up well. And I couldn't take any risk if it's about my children.

"Reina, there're here. We need to get out quick." Rafael says while peeking out through the window. I nod and lift Javier into my arms and we both start rushing towards the back door. There was a black car ready waiting for us, we quickly got into the car. Once the doors were shut and the car started I sighed in relief.

I closed my eyes and patted Javier's small head making him lure back to sleep. I couldn't process shit right now. In the span of one hour, I got to know that my father and brother are dead, that Leonid is planning something stupid again and finally that I'm going to move out of this place. Not going to lie, I'll miss this place. Sauda and Layla will be the people I will remember forever.

I think that this was meant to happen, for me to go back. I'm going back for the person who destroyed my life by marrying me to a stranger, to a person who didn't even trust me when I was accused of disloyalty, the same person who kicked me out. But in the end, he was my father.

It was his duty as a king I knew that. He trusted what his so-called loyal people told him. He was fed lies by people around him revolting him against his own family and there was no one to blame but him. I don't think I can ever forgive him for the things he did to me but he's my father after all and how much ever I hate it I'll always be the small girl craving for her father's affection.

And my brother? He was the closest person in my whole family. It's his loss that affects me the most, he always told me that I'm brave that I was born for this life. He was the one who sent Rafael to me. If he thinks he was being subtle then he's totally wrong. Nothing slips past me, at least for most of the time.

I'm doing this for my brother, we need to stop Leonid before he gains control over everything. My mind is too preoccupied to think about a plan but I'll have one when I meet the rest of the members.