Chapter 39

Lorenzo D'Amelio

As our journey to Russia starts I couldn't help but think about the reason behind Leonid's sudden appearance. Why did he come back after ten years of disappearance? Why did he choose to mess with the European mafia after everything that went down? Leonid is not stupid enough to just mess with us without having something planned. And my gut says that whatever he is going to hold against us would lead to chaos.

My eyes go to Val who was looking outside the window. Even with just a white tank top and some sweatpants she is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I trace her outline with my eyes and my mind goes back to the sex we had in bathroom. God, she definitely is the most beautiful woman in the world.

As if she could sense my eyes on her head turns towards me. "Get your mind out of the gutter Enzo." She chuckles as she leans over and pecks my lips. The others in the background groan and we ignore then as usual.

"Your romance is going to get us killed one day." Andre rolls his eyes and everyone including Sabine make agreeing noises.

"Or maybe save." Val laughs just when her phone rings. "Hello?" She answers.  Since her volume is loud as fuck I could hear the other person talking. It was her mother updating about our son.

I let them talk for a while as I go through some of my emails. After Val ends the call her she rests her head on my shoulder making me turn towards her.

"I never wanted this lifestyle for them." She says quietly. "I don't want them to go through what we went through."

"Do you regret coming back?" I question not knowing whether I want to know the answer or not.

"I don't know." She admits in a whisper.

"Are you going to leave after everything with Leonid ends?" My hands tremble as I ask her that.

"I don't know." She responds again making my heart ache suddenly.

We stay quite after that. She seems lost in thought and I don't want her to overthink everything but at the same time I want to give her the space she needs.

We were just talking about our future and how I was going to make her my wife. What did her mother say that changed her mind again?

"What did your mother say?" I voice my question out and her hands take my trembling ones as she makes me look into her eyes.

"Sienna is having nightmares." She says and shakes her head. "Javier almost... almost died. I hate this Enzo but at the same time I love you. I don't know what to do." She says painfully and I pull her into me.

"We are going to figure it out Val. Everything is going to be okay." I say and my own voice sounds defeated.

My princess is suffering from nightmares and so will Javier, me and Val both survived through them. I hate that my kids would go through hell and it hasn't even been a month since they came back to me.

"We arrived." Francois voice breaks the silence in the car.

We just crossed the border. We had no weapons right now, Arsen informed us that our weapons would be handed over by one of the officers who worked for him. Everything happened according to the plan and now we were going to stay in a brothel for the night.

We go to our respective rooms and I take a room different from Val's.

I am not mad at her. I can never be mad at her. But I'm scared of losing her again and I would be too selfish to stop her this time.

Just as I was about to open my door I hear a 'hell no' then I'm turned around abruptly and soft lips land on mine. Val's natural scent fills my lungs and I kiss her back without a second thought. "We are not going to stay in different rooms Enzo." She groans as I pick her up in my arms.

"Then don't leave me." I plead. She wraps her legs around my waist and carry her into my room. "This time I can't lose you again Val."

"You will not." She promises as she backs away from the kiss while cupping my face. "I-I can't stay away from you. Not again. I won't leave you." She says with the promise laced in her voice. And for now I believe her. There might be different emotions coursing through us but there is one prominent one, love.

I carry her inside and set her on the bed before starting to remove my black tshirt. Just when I start to remove my sweatpants Val stops me and crawls to the edge of the bed. She places her hand on my hand and bites her lip slightly. "Keep them on for a while." She murmurs and leans back to take a full view of me.

I let out a amused chuckle as I climb onto the bed. Val leans back on her elbows and raises an eyebrow at my chuckle. "Still got a thing for me in grey sweatpants?" I ask and she let's out a cheeky grin that goes straight to my heart.

"Never lost it." She murmurs. Val rests her head on the sheets and her hands wrap around my neck pulling me an inch closer to her lips. "Make love to me Enzo." She whispers before connecting her lips to mine.

And tonight I just do that.

Slow thrusts, soft words, sweet carcasses and the look in her eyes makes me feel content. This is one of the many nights I'd cherish forever. She is the women I'd cherish forever. Il mio solo ed unico. (My one and only)

"I love you." I whisper and she catches her breath coming down from the high we were in.

"I love you too." She says and we fall asleep unaware of the drama that will unfold in the near future. People say it is calm before the storm, which was proven soon.