Chapter 13

Lorenzo D'Amelio

I'll never forgive myself.

At first, I thought I had just broke her relationship with me but oh lord I was so wrong. Today when I saw her with my parents and best friend I realised that I tore her away from her mother, her father, her best friend, her nephew, hell I took her whole family away from her.

Guilt can make us do ridiculous things, once a person broke our trust it's hard to believe in someone again. Especially if the result of trusting someone you shouldn't results in the traumatic death of your twin sister.

But again, Val never gave me a reason to trust her. She was always secretive, she would sneak out into my basement and talk with one of my prisoners, make secretive calls and one day when one of my prisoner escaped the guards told me that she was the only one who visited the basement that day.

That day I was so wrong to trust her. I didn't want to repeat that again, especially when I really love Val and I know that she would never do something to betray me but I let my trauma and doubts get the best of me. I agree that I shouldn't have said the things I said, byt again I wasn't in my right mind.

It is impossible for you to think that I'll be calling the love of my life a whore and doubt her loyalty if I was in my right mind. Her revealing that she was pregnant would have been the best thing in my life besides her but I fucking asked her if it was mine. What the fuck was I even thinking?

A whole day after what happened realisation hit me like a truck. It was too late when I realised what happened. Seeing the ring on the divorce papers was one of the most heartbreaking sights ever. I wanted to explain myself so I rushed to her parent's house only to know that she wasn't there. Then again the whole night flashed back and then I realised what she said.

I'm pregnant.

The thought of her being pregnant and leaving the house on a cold night breaks my heart once again.

I am a father now. I have a kid whom I have no idea of. Today I wanted to ask her about the kid, what's the gender, what's the name but I had no right. After calling her names and asking if the kid was mine, I just lost my right then and there. You don't need to feel disgusted with me when I already am with myself.

With a sigh, I take another sip of my beer only to find it empty. I throw it beside me and continue to stare into the lake in front of me getting lost in my thoughts again.

"Hey, mister." I heard a small voice making me turn my head to the other side. There was a small girl whom I couldn't see clearly because of my blurry vision. I rub my eyes and see a pair of ocean blue eyes staring back into mine, well glaring would be a precise statement. The small girl picks the can up and throws it in my direction and I catch it effortlessly. "You shouldn't spoil a pretty place like this." She says looking around the forest.

"Well, I'm sorry princess," I say and place the can beside me. "Are you alone?" I ask her and watch as she comes in my direction.

"No mamma is sleeping while cuddling with Javier who pushed me out of her arms." She says while pouting a little. "Everyone was  sleepy so I came out." She explains as she sits beside me. "I'm Sienna." She says while extending her small hand.

I smile and take it my large ones and plant a kiss on the backside of her hand causing her to giggle. "I'm Lorenzo," I say. "Where are you from?" I ask her.

"I don't know." She shrugs. "You're pretty." She suddenly says making me chuckle.

"Thank you and so are you." I compliment back which was totally true. Her striking blue eyes remind me so much of Val, she has straight brown hair which flows till her shoulders, her pouty lips and big doe eyes overall make her look adorable.

"What are you doing here?" She asks after some time.

"Thinking. You?"

"I came here to meet nonna." [Grandma] she answers making me look at her.

"You know Italian princess?" I ask her.

"Some. Mamma teaches me and Javi both Spanish and Italian. It's hard." She says making me nod. Spanish and Italian are a bit similar. "Can I call you Enzo?" She asks me making my heart drop. "You call me princess and I'll call you Enzo." She says happily.

"You think you'll see me again princess?" I ask while changing the subject.

"Maybe." She shrugs. "You don't want me to call you Enzo?" She asks quietly.

"It's not like that, only one person has ever called me that and she means the world to me," I answer quietly. "But you can call me that," I add making her smile.

"Adiós Enzo." She says as she gets up. "Mamma will be worried if she doesn't see me." She explains. She comes closer to me and kisses my cheek and wiggles her fingers in goodbye before running in some direction. I was left behind gaping at her and after packing my shit together I run behind her only to see that she disappeared. Damn, that was quick.

With a sigh, I retreat back to the place I was before. This was the place where Val and I hung out whenever we would visit Spain. I used to hum to songs as she would rest her head on my shoulder and play with my fingers. Even though we would visit it in winter the warmth she provided was enough for me to keep me burning inside.

I didn't lie when I said that she's the reason of my life. When I married her she was nothing but another responsibility put on me but I never imagined that she would be the one sharing the responsibility with me.

After I was informed that I was being married to the only daughter of the Spanish Mafia I expected a clingy bimbo and not a fierce girl with snarky comebacks which always riled me up.

Now I'm glad that I met her, glad that she loved me, glad that I was once called hers. Even if she doesn't know it I'll always belong to her.

Deep down I'll always be Val's Enzo.