Chapter 35

Lorenzo D'Angelo

I could feel a storm of rage blowing inside me. As I quietly sit on the couch with my girls on my shoulders I could feel the waves of fury crashing inside me.

It's been five hours and Sienna fell asleep in my arms while Val rests her head on my other shoulder looking at the door of the operation room. I'm not sure that she has even blinked.

Finally, after another ten minutes, a doctor comes out and Val stiffens standing up abruptly.

"I'm sorry-" he starts but stops when Val catches him by the collar pulling him.

"What the fuck do you mean? My son is alright. Tell me that he is." She yells furiously and the doctor's eyes widen as he looks at me.

I get up and place Sienna on the couch. With trembling hands I pull Val by her waist into me, she protests while crying hysterically and the storm inside me increases with her every tear.

"R-Regina, we can't say anything till twenty-four hours." He stutters and almost runs into the operation room after I give him a single nod.

"My son Enzo." She cries out turning around to face me. "Our son." She whispers as she shakes her head.

"He is going to be okay amour." I press a kiss on her forehead ignoring the way I have a desire to rip all the Russians from vein to vein after seeing her face full of heartbreak and tears. "It takes more than a bullet to kill him. He's my blood baby. Everything is going to be okay."

She doesn't reply as she stuffs her head into my chest while sobbing uncontrollably. My tear slides down as I carcass her hair softly.

Just then Matteo arrives with a serious look on his face. He gives me a nod and points his head to his phone indicating that something happened. I nod back and my eyes go down to my Val. I take her face in my hands as I lift her eyes to mine.

"Take Sienna and go upstairs," I murmur. "I have something to handle."

Her eyes then go to Matteo behind her and suddenly her face turns deadly. "I'm coming with you." When I was about to protest she shakes her head and looks at the operation room again. "I am coming with you Enzo." She leaves room for no arguments and I can't help but agree because, well I can't say no to her.

"I'll put Sienna to bed." She whispers before getting out of my arms and going towards our daughter on the couch.

I walk to Matteo whose eyes follow Val till she leaves. "I'm going to make that motherfucker pay for everything." He grits out.

When I don't say anything he looks at me and sighs. Placing a hand on my shoulder he squeezes it and his eyes go soft. "Everything will be alright Lor."

"It better be," I mutter as I meet his eyes. "I just got them back Matt," I whisper and close my eyes. "I can't lose them."

"You will not." He assures me but there's doubt in his voice. "I contacted Arsen. He said that he would arrange everything and in return, we owe him one."

"Is everything ready?" I ask and he nods.

"Ready for what?" Val asks finally joining us.

"We're going to Kazakhstan. Leonid and the others would see us coming easily if we go by air or water. We're going by road." I tell and then gesture to the phone in Matteo's hand. "This is the phone Juana used to contact Leonid. We're going to text him that his plan worked and he wouldn't expect us coming for him." My jaw ticks as well as hers but she nods.

"So we're leaving?" She asks and I nod. "Right now?"

"You don't have to come, Val-"

"I am coming. I need to see that motherfucker again."

"We'll be leaving in a few minutes," I say as my gaze drifts to the operation room. "He is going to pay for every fucking drop of blood that spilt from my family."

"He will," Val whispers slipping her hand into mine. She squeezes it slightly making me look at her. "Thank you for being here with me."

"There isn't another place I would rather be." I try to smile at her but my lips won't just tug upwards. "And I need to tell you everything before it's too late." My eyes meet Matteo's as he gives me a nod before getting out.

"About Isabella?" She asks while tilting her head.

"About everything."

With our already intertwined hands, I lead her to the couch and sit beside her looking directly into her eyes. "Celine was my best friend, as well as Matteo's." I start.

"I needed to get married to become the leader and even though I didn't love her she somehow convinced me that it was the best option to have this marriage of convenience. She would get the status and I'd get my leadership. She had every one of our family in control including Bella." I say referring to my sister. "Everything went well until someone from inside was leaking my information, I lost deals, shipments and everything was a mess. Some of the clues pointed at Celine but I never believed them. It was my first mistake."

Val softly caresses my hand as she listens intently.

"One day I couldn't hold it in and asked her, that's what my mom used to say communication is the key to a relationship. Sadly communication didn't work. We got into an argument after that, her yelling at me that I didn't trust her. Just like that, she went out of the house and never returned." I shake my head. "Sources said that she was kidnapped and Bella took off the minute she heard that she was taken into. I was in my turmoil since everyone was questioning my leadership and the new fight with Celine. I didn't even know that Bella went after the Russians and when I did it was too late."

Val's eyes go wide as if she put the pieces together.

"She went there to save Celine but it turns out that Celine was never kidnapped." I scoff a little. "She thought I'd be the one coming after her but since Bella did they used her to lure me into their trap." I close my eyes as memories flood my vision.

"They sent me the videos of her tied up with some other trafficked girls. Her being fucking touched by Leonid and his father. I-I acted irrationally, I went to the place they sent me to negotiate something but I was taken by them." He shakes his head. "I was weak back then, emotionally and I couldn't process shit until I heard my sister's screams from the other room."

"They didn't-" she cuts herself off as she shakes her head in disbelief.

"They did. They fucking raped my sister beside my cell while I begged them to stop." My hand on hers tightens. "I promised them to give whatever they want, even the damn country, money, everything."

"Oh god, Enzo." She whispers as she suddenly hugs me tightly.

"Apparently it was some twisted revenge for the loses me and my father once cost them," I say in disgust. "My sister's cries kept me awake all night, haunted me everywhere I went. The sound of her life being taken is still audible in my ears. I never even got to say a proper goodbye to my sister, the person who was my other half."

She rubs her hand on my back as she rests her head on my shoulder. "How did you escape?" She asks lowly and I pull away slightly to smile at her.

"You saved me, Val," I say as I kiss her forehead.