Chapter 44

Lorenzo D'amelio

The emotions rushing inside my veins were so strong that I could feel them through every inch of my body. In fact it was the only thing I could feel since my body couldn't move an inch. I couldn't feel anything other than this strange emotion as I look at my sister.

"Don't worry solider, they are not going to harm you. Am I not right Valentina?" Leonids voice breaks my thought as I finally take in on what's going on.

Rafael, Matteo, Kevin and Nico stood at the door holding guns. Everyone except Kevin looked as if they saw ghosts and I couldn't blame them. This is our very own hell right now. Our loved ones at the mercy of another and pointing their guns at us, who would have thought?

But Leonid was wrong there has something to be done so that we could get out of whatever shit show this is. Even if I do not want to do whatever I'm going to do, I have to do it. For my children, for my family.

My eyes meet Val who seems to understand my inner turmoil, so she gives me one of a jerky nods while taking a deep breath and looks at Leonid who narrows his eyes at her.

At the same time I look at the others and nod and tap my foot twice in a gesture they understood well.

"That's where you are wrong Leo." And with that she picks up one of her knifes from wherever she hid and throws her knife at Santiago's gun which falls down at the same time I clutch the hand with which Bella was pointing a gun at me and twist it so that the gun falls down.

The room erupts in chaos and I knee my sister's ankle so that she falls down. Kevin fires at Santiago's knee making him groan in pain and fall down.

"Remember shoot to disarm not kill." I yell again the meaning of my foot tapping incase someone didn't understand it.

"I'm sorry Bella but I have to do this." I say and pick the gun she dropped and knock her out with the back of the gun. My heart squeezes at her cry of pain and I close my eyes for a moment.

I never imagined that any of this would ever happen. That my sister would be alive or that even when she is alive I would be knocking her ass out cold in a situation like this.

Just then Kevin's groan reaches me and I look at him to see him clutching his arm in pain as Antonio shoots him in his arm again but he manages to dodge the bullet and shoot back with his left hand. The bullet obviously missed but it was just dangerously above his forehead.

"Careful asshole that's my fucking father." Val shouts and Kevin's eyes widen before he nods rapidly.

Leonids eyes run frantically all over the scene before him. And as he watches me watching him his lips lift into a snarl as he reaches out for a gun beside him. But Val kicks the gun to the side and hauls him up. Both of them were heavily injured but unlike Leonid, Val gives away nothing as she punches him in the face.

I walk towards them as he doubles over in pain. My hands find Val's waist as I lean over to whisper in her ear. "We need him alive Val, you can have your fun after we get out of here." I say and she nods and leans onto my shoulder.

"None of this seems real." She whispers back as she looks around us. "How are you feeling?" She asks as Matteo comes forward and ties Leonids hands.

"I don't know." I say after a beat of silence. I turn to face where Isabella was being taken care of with the help of Nico and Kevin. "My sister is alive." I say and drop my forehead her shoulder. "I can't even describe what I feel." I say and I feel her nod. "How do you feel?" I ask and she sighs.

Rafael was helping Santiago and Matteo went back to help Antonio after giving me a pat on my back and Val's head.

"I can say the same. Do you think they'll remember us again?" She asks and I lift myself up and spin her around, looking into her eyes as I speak.

"Yes, they will. I'll do everything that is possible for them to regain their memories. Trust me baby everything's gonna be alright." I say and she smiles up at me. It was an exhausted smile but I feel so proud that she's still fighting after everything.

"I trust you Enzo." She says softly.

"Alright lovebirds we need to leave now. And there's a doc waiting for us outside and I'm pretty sure you guys need him badly." Nico says as his eyes roam all over our injuries.

I wince and suddenly I register all the pain in my body that I've kept on ignoring.

"Yeah let's get the hell out of here." I say and turn to meet the others eyes. "Thank you everyone. This ends here but we lost Francois. He lost his life to save us and I will always be grateful for him. He was a great leader, a wonderful son and an amazing friend. I'm really sorry for his loss." I say honestly as I look at Ander, Filip and Sabine knowing that he was closet to them. They fight tears as they nod at me and start moving outside.

"Thanks for coming in time Matt." I say as I go over to him and hug him.

"Thank you for not dying asshole." He chuckles lightly and then goes serious. "Bella is alive." He says and my heart swells again. It's hard to believe that she is still alive.

"Yeah." I say softly. I watch as Val goes over to Rafael and embraces him. They speak softly and we all walk forward until we reach our vehicles.

"It's time to go home now." I say and reach out for Val wanting her to sit with me. She smiles and we climb into our van. The doctor starts treating us and everything went on in a blur. The last thing I could remember was dropping my head on Val's shoulder as the tiredness took over me.