Chapter 27

Lorenzo D'Amelio

Entering the basement where the torture chambers were held. The guards who spotted Val almost fainted at the spot. The torture of Val is known to everyone in the building, the screams and shouts within five minutes of her entry spoke for themselves.

It used to be so fucking arousing to watch Val in charge. I remember getting hard-ons even when we weren't at the talking stage of our relationship. The way she would use the knife or the gaze she gives which sends everyone squirming in their seats makes me want to come in my pants like a bloody teenager.

I've always found Val appealing, right from the moment I've laid my eyes on her. She is the most gorgeous woman to ever exist, and I'm so fucking honoured that I once got a chance to call her mine.

"Ehm." A cough grabs me out of my thoughts and I look at Val who's trying to hide her amusement with a blank face. She points something below with her eyes and blood rushes to my cheeks when I see that I'm already semi-hard right now. I bite my lips to stop blushing and shying away like an idiot in front of my men.

I look away and cough awkwardly before adjusting myself slightly. Putting on a blank expression I open the door for her and she enters it and grazes my semi hard-on with her hand while smirking slightly. I hide my groan and shake my thoughts away and close the door behind me.

"So he's the asshole father?" I heard a question and my head snaps to the lady who's tied on the chair. "Damn May, I would have gone all ninja on him if my hands weren't tied." She huffs and my eyebrows furrow. Who the fuck is she?

"Not the time Layla." Val shakes her head trying to hide her smile. "At the moment I don't trust you." She says blankly and the girl tied raises her eyebrows.

"You never did but go on I guess." She shrugs as if the queen herself isn't standing in front of her.

"Even you lied all along Ly." She sighs and takes a seat in front of her. I stand behind her and my hand rests on the back of her chair. "I know you must have a lot of questions go on I'll answer yours first." She says.

Damn, she must be really caring about this friend of hers to let her speak especially in the place where she's in control.

"There's nothing to ask actually. You're the queen of Spain who's known to get the king of death to his knees or for the dreadful torture of Mikhail which of course were rumours but seeing you like this makes me believe them." She says then her gaze snaps to mine and I see nothing more than pure disgust in them. Her words rile me up but I know that there's no lie in them "And you Mr Lorenzo D'amelio who is the father of my little chipmunks are a complete asshole." She spits before turning her head back to Val, "I really meant it when I said that I'd kill the father when I see him." She says making Val scoff with an amused expression.

"I wouldn't exactly be happy if you kill my hus-alliance leader Ly." She shakes her head and my heart almost leaps out of my chest as she almost called me her husband oh damn what extent I could go only to call me that again. "About you Layla Semenov-" she starts only to be interrupted by the women herself.

"Don't call me with that last name." She grits out and Val just nods. If it was someone else they would have a bullet in their knees.

Damn all the fun is missing in this chamber.

"Fine, so Layla why is there no information about you in any databases across the globe?" She tilts her head adorably in confusion and I try not to swoon over her cute habit. I'm a fucking goner.

"No one knows my real name." She says hesitantly before looking at Val. "I am known as fury in the underworld." She reveals and I almost gasp in disbelief.

Who knew that I would have the fury in my basement one day?

Fury is known everywhere, not just in Europe or Asia, the whole underworld knows her. With the unknown face and petrifying backstory, people who know her are terrified of her. She's the best female assassin next to Val and me.

"Santa mierda." [Holy fuck] Val mutters under her breath after a few seconds. She clears her throat and starts speaking again. "Since when did you start to work with Leonid?" She asks.

"I told you I don't work for anyone Valentina. Especially not that bastard, this was just a favour I was returning." Layla answers.

"Were you in contact with the Russians when you were in cape town?" She asks and my brows furrow in confusion.

She was in cape town all this while?

"I was. The night you went missing was the night they were coming to meet me for something and also to find someone. So it was you." Layla hums.

I was getting bored of this discussion so I started to play with Val's hair near my hand. I smile slightly when I notice her leaning into my touch.

"Why we're you in cape town?" Val asks.

"I can't tell you." She sighs making me pause. Does she think that she got a choice? "I know you can't trust me Ma- Valentina but I have an offer." She says hesitantly as if she's still contemplating her decision.

"Go on," Val says with a sceptical nod.

"I'll work for you." She says.

"There must be a catch." Val raises her eyebrow.

"I want to be dead to this world. After this whole thing, I want to escape this world. It's impossible to leave Mafia, I know but I don't want any connections with this shit ever again." She says and stops again. "Money, two hundred million dollars in my account." She asks as if it's nothing.

"Excuse me?" I repeat. I might be a billionaire but it's the money I earned with my hard work.

"You get all the information you want in return. Plus I do have connections inside the Russian Mafia and the money? I just need it."

"We'll think about it," Val answers and gets up making my grip on her hair loosen.

"There's nothing to think about Valentina. You don't have time and I don't want to stay here for long. We both don't trust each other which is fine until we both get what we want. Deal or no deal?" She asks while raising her eyebrows.

Author's note:

Holaaaaa

So how was the chapter???

Do you trust Layla???

And oh my godddd 450 reads??? Thank you so much I hope everyone is liking the story. 

Love ya!!!