Chapter 31

Valentina Gracia

I couldn't believe my ears. My heart heavies in my chest as that day flashes in front of my eyes. A brunette opened my cell and as if she knew who I was she gave me a gun and we both waited till every girl in other cells were free.

She suddenly said that she had to go somewhere else and when I told her that I'll follow her she pushed me out and locked the door from the inside.

I was stupid. So fucking stupid. I could have saved her but I ran out like every other girl.

I just didn't want to go back to that place.

When we were walking outside that's when I observed my surroundings, dead bodies of the Russian me were laying around like scattered leaves in fall. She alone killed them all.

Once we got out three police officers were waiting for us at the port. I didn't even know that we were in a fucking ship. The same ship we are going to rescue the girls now.

Two women and a guy who turned away at the sight of naked women rushing out. The lady officers gave us clothes and we were safely moved to our homes.

The guy officer who was Nico is still my in contact with me and was also one of the informers when I was in cape town. He didn't say it but I could see it in his eyes when the girl didn't return. He was shattered. He refused to move until he brought himself back to reality and looked at us survivors.

Before anyone of us could say anything the door opened suddenly snapping me out of my thoughts. Filip came in rushing with a worried look on his face.

"Regina the police you mentioned contacted us. He was informed that some of the girls were going to be moved in less than three hours." He says hurriedly making my brows furrow.

"We don't have much time. Fuck." I mumble lowly and take my phone out calling Nico immediately.

"Valentina?" He answers the phone in less than two rings making a small smile appear on my face.

"Nico, is it information verified?" I ask and look up at Lorenzo who comes up at me and holds my hand which I didn't know was shivering. I smile faintly at him but he doesn't return.

"I told as you told me to do Valentina, my man is currently in their ship and is updating us every chance he gets." He answers making me nod. I take a step closer to Lorenzo and press my forehead on his chest.

"Thank you Nico, we'll be there in an hour. You know what to do." I mumble before cutting the call. I tilt my head up to look at him and he gestures Filip to get out and once the door shuts close he sighs and wraps his hand around my waist pulling me into him.

"I'm so sorry that you had to go through that." He whispers. "I fucking promise you Val. the day I face Leonid will be his last day on this earth." His voice going completely serious.

I just hummed in response before starting to speak. "She was beautiful, Isabella," I murmur and he flinches making my eyebrows furrow. "She inspired me, she's the strongest woman I've ever met."

He stays quiet before pulling away from me and when I look into his eyes mine become glossy. His eyes were red and held so much pain which was hurting me physically. I wipe his cheek as a tear comes falling from his eye.

"She was my other half. I just want to see my sister for one last time." He whispers and then takes a deep breath. "What happened to her or you shouldn't happen to anyone else. We need to save them."

What happened to her?

Before I could voice my thoughts out he pulls away and sighs. "I-I don't think we have the time to talk about it Val, we need to go." He says making me nod. "And I'm sorry for making this about me or my family but I am proud that you've come so far." He says making my heart well up.