Chapter 18

Valentina Gracia

My hands land on his chest as firing suddenly increases. "Shit, some more Russians entered," I state trying to look behind him only to duck back as firing continues thank god that the tree we're standing behind is wide. The sound of more cars alerts me and our grip on each other tightens.

The fire on the back of the tree suspiciously reduces and I glance at Raf and Matt who also looks confused. Then the realisation hits me and I understand that even our alliances entered. I look around to see Francois, Sabine, Filip and Anders the leaders of France, Germany, Sweden and Poland respectively.

They are shooting from behind the cars and my eyes widen when I see one Russian targetting the fuel tank. Taking out my gun I fire at the man and hit him in the balls when I actually aimed for his knees.

"Ouch," Lorenzo mumbles looking in the direction I shot at before he completes the job by shooting the guy in his head. "You need practice." He states making me roll my eyes his grip on me tightens and I smile inwardly remembering how much he hated me rolling my eyes.

Christian grey 2.0

"And you need first-aid," I state pointing to his arm which was soaked with blood now.

I don't know why are we being so casual with each other after all the stuff that happened. I know that there's a reason why he behaved like that, Matt told me. He didn't tell me the reason but I saw the pained expression he had on his face while telling me to give Lorenzo a chance to explain himself. Still, I don't think whatever he said was justified.

Those words still bother me when I was supposed to be moved on. I shouldn't care about what he does but the thing is I do, I'll never stop caring about my first love. As if reality brought me back I move away from him closing my eyes as I try to forget that night.

Maybe I took impulsive decisions but I couldn't stay in a place where my husband disrespects me, calls me names and tells me that he doesn't trust me. Maybe I should have given him space and time to recollect himself but I was so angry that I stopped caring. Maybe we should have communicated-

My thoughts come to a halt and breathing hitches when I felt fingers go to my belt hoops tugging me towards a warm body. With gunshots in the background, Lorenzo rests his forehead on mine breathing heavily. That's when I spot the half heart chain attached to a familiar ring on his chest.

"I'm sorry." He breathes out. "I know what you're thinking about and I'm so fucking sorry Val. It doesn't set things right or justify my words but I want you to know that I'm sorry. You might not be mine but I'll always remain yours. Tu sei il mio unico e solo." [You're my one and only] He says while taking uneven breaths making my eyes teary but I don't let them fall.

His body suddenly starts going limp making me confused that's when I spot blood flowing from his shoulder. Two fucking bullets in his shoulder and one on his same arm. Fuck. Almost a chocked sob leaves my throat when I see his eyelids closing. "You have the worst timing." I breathe out taking a napkin from my pocket and pressing it on his shoulder.

A husky chuckle leaves his lips making me meet his eyes again. "You're going to get your period." He says changing the topic.

"Excuse me?" I blink.

"You're grumpy and extra horny." He says tiredly making my cheeks flush.

"I'm not horny." I deny pressing his shoulder a little making him groan.

"Sure. You totally didn't want me to take you right there on the table in the morning." He says leaving my mouth agape. I mean I did but that's not the point.