Chapter 26

Valentina Gracia

My mouth goes dry as I stare at Lorenzo. He's wearing a shirt that was very tight on him so that I could see the outline of his well-built muscle behind it. That damn leather jacket adds a point to his hotness and my horniness.

The ache between my legs didn't leave from once we started off towards the mansion or when the 'meeting' with our second commands and his guards started. If anything happened is that it increased as he looked extra hot with ordering everyone around. His perfect five-o-clock jawline was clenched and his features were hard while his expression looked blank.

Completely opposite to the man-child he was in the morning. His duality never failed to amaze me.

Trying to ignore the dampness between my legs and the dirty thoughts in my mind I focus on the meeting catching his words halfway through his speech.

"-families are safe until you stay loyal. The reward for betrayal has always been the death of your bloodline, I hope everyone remembers that." His voice booms across the silent room. After they nod stiffly he continues. "The last thing I want everyone to remember is that mafia before death and your queen before your king." As soon as he said that everyone's attention falls on me while I try not to be affected by the words.

They were the same ones he said to everyone when I officially met his Mafia.

"Any questions?" He asks and no one dares to ask making him nod with satisfaction until a fucker who has a death wish spoke up.

"Why is she here capo? This whore cheated on you-" before he could finish his sentence hundreds of guns were pointed at him and a bullet finally loads in between his eyebrows. I swallow a gasp as everything happened in a matter of a few seconds.

"What's your rule number one?" Lorenzo asks in his deep cold voice.

"Never disrespect the queen." A chorus of monotonous voices was heard and my heart swells in pride. The guards tuck their guns in their holsters and look at me with the utmost respect, just like they always have.

"I hope everyone understands that the result for breaking the rule never changes." He says and they all nod at him. He disperses everyone after that and Matteo comes by my side while grumbling something under his breath.

"You okay?" He asks and I scoff.

"Well, it wasn't the first time I got called that." I shrug and immediately regret the words after seeing the painful expression on Lorenzo's face. The room falls uncomfortably silent and I curse myself internally.

Before anyone could say anything I hear familiar barks and my lips turn into a fully grown smile. I was tackled onto the ground by Rio my first pet, the one Lorenzo got me the very next day after I told him that I love dogs.

Rio is the most adorable dark golden retriever. He was the sweetheart of the house and the 'nemesis' of Lorenzo. I still remember how he used to sulk when I gave more attention to the doggy but can you blame me? The puppy is literally beyond cute.

"Hey, baby." I chuckle as he starts licking my face with his paws on my stomach. Now that I look at him clearly I notice that he's grown so much that my heart swells up. "Aww, you're all grown now," I say and try to get up but he forces me to lay down by applying some pressure on my stomach. He comes to my side and lays down beside me as I rub his fur. He peppers me with kisses making me giggle slightly.

"Here we go again." I heard Lorenzo's mumble but there was a smile in his voice. "Why does everyone gets such a good greeting except me?" He asks himself making me scoff inaudibly.

Maybe because you're the one who fucked up.

Even I didn't get the greeting from him as I got from Rio.

I would probably kick him in his balls if he greeted me like that but that's not the point.

"Rio." Three sets of giggles were heard and my kids and Sergio emerge from the door. Javier's smile drops and he scowls when he sees Rio on me and I roll my eyes.

Like father, like son.

"You met them, baby?" I ask and Rio barks making me smile. I finally get up when he goes towards the kids. "What did I tell about not roaming around?" I ask them in a stern voice, the kids pretend that they didn't hear me and pat Rio's head.

"Enzo." Sienna shrieks when she sees Enzo. She goes running towards him and I roll my eyes. She wasn't even this happy when I baked cookies for her.

"Hey princess." He greets her with a smile so wide that I've only seen when he's around me. Picking up her in his arms he fake glares at her "What did I say about listening to mamma?" He asks.

"Sorry, mamma." She apologizes and I shake my head at the puppy eyes she makes.

I turn around and look at Javi who's glaring at Sergio who's staring at Sienna in awe as she gets out of Lorenzo's arms and stands beside him.

"Is he your padre?" [Father] he asks her and everyone stiffens in the room. Oh fuck.

"Shh." She says and places her finger on his lips. "Ly zietta told us never to ask about him. He's a bad guy." [Aunty] She whispers. The room falls silent and my heart starts hammering against my chest.

Is that why they never questioned about their father?

The room falls uncomfortably silent Matteo breaks the silence. "Uh, I have to go walk my fish." He says sheepishly and escapes the situation leaving the atmosphere to fall even more uncomfortable.

"But the fish doesn't walk." Sergio frowns.

"Why don't you kids go upstairs?" I say awkwardly and they all nod. Javier comes towards me and tugs my pants when I lean down he looks towards Lorenzo and pecks my cheeks before rushing outside with Sienna and Sergio.

Rio refuses to leave my side and sticks onto my leg, after a while of persuading him he finally starts walking away but suddenly he barks continuously at Lorenzo when he comes closer to me. Lorenzo raises his hands in surrender and glares at Rio's back as he walks away.

"We should see Layla," I say and he nods following me outside.

"I'm sorry." He mutters and I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him. Anger issues are something we couldn't control and I can see the pain he goes through every day but why is it so hard for me to forgive him when it isn't his fault, to begin with?

Even I had a blame in this, I never made an effort to communicate with him. There were many things I was hiding from and still am. I should find a way to tell him stuff before he finds out himself and I must say, Lorenzo wouldn't be pleased when he hears what I got to say.

Author's note:

What do you think about the chapter?

Comment and vote besties.

Love ya!!!