Chapter 24

Valentina Gracia

There was a reason I was grumpy and emotional and horny.

I'm on my fucking period.

It was actually so embarrassing when I saw a bag on the bed which revealed my old clothes with a set of pads beside it.

The kids were gone when I was probably showering. Lorenzo left a note behind which made me feel things I shouldn't feel as I read it.

Firstly the kids are with me so don't worry about them. Sienna wanted a tour so Javier tagged along saying that he doesn't trust me. Anyways I deserved that Val, probably something more than that so don't go hard on yourself. I'll win you back Val, and that's a fucking promise.

You were extra grumpy today so I brought you some pads just in case. There's also some of the special Enzo hot chocolate on the nightstand ;)

I love you, baby. Come downstairs by ten and take rest ♡

-E

The fact that he signed it off by E and not L makes my heart flutter even more. What the fuck is he trying to do to me? One moment I'm angry and the next second I'm swooning over him. I blame it on my period hormones, I mean someone had to take the blame right?

I change into one of the new silk nightwear I had. I never wore my clothes if you are wondering, I would rather wear Lorenzo's shirts or hoodies but he preferred naked cuddles more so I would sleep without clothes at the night.

Now that I'm trying to think rationally hoping that my brain would work after getting a warm shower. Emotions of coming back to Italy and especially this place was overwhelming for me and I happened to lash it out on just the right person.

With a sigh, I get up from my place and take a sip from the cup on the nightstand. I moan immediately as the iconic taste of his hot chocolate hits my tastebuds. Lorenzo makes the best hot chocolate in the world.

I sit back on the bed and think about what happened earlier. I don't know if I meant anything I said to him, I was angry and hurt which was completely justified in my opinion. I understand that he was going through stuff but I'm not a fucking punching bag to remove it out on me. He was the one who told me 'no running around' he was the one who told me that we should start communicating and who thought that in our so-called communication I would be called a slut, that I would be questioned of my kid's father by the man himself? What made him throw all of those moments and love just like that?

This shit is so exhausting.

I flinch when suddenly two hands touch mine. Lifting my head I meet two brown eyes staring into mine with so much intensity that I want to shrink myself instead I look away and wonder how pretty the floor just got.

Damn the tiles look so pretty.

Lorenzo kneels down before me taking my hands in his huge ones. He then let go of one of them and swipes it across my cheeks wiping a tear which I didn't know fell.

"Don't cry tesoro." [Darling] he says softly. "I hate it when you cry. Especially when it's because of me." I scoff at that but don't try to move away. "I want you to listen to me for once baby. Hm?." He asks placing a finger under my chin making me meet his gaze and I nod with hesitation. "Use your words Val." He says making my cheeks heat up.

"Speak," I mutter softly while fidgeting with the rings on his fingers.

"I'm not a perfect person tesoro and I say stupid things which hurt people unconsciously. I promise I wasn't like this before, it was the circumstances that made me change into the person who I am today, It's totally unjustified I understand that but I'm trying baby, so hard but I can't seem to let it out. It's so hard to even remember all that, but I'll tell you Val, one day I sure will. You deserve the best baby and I'm trying to be that for you, all I ask for is one chance. " He says with raw emotion in his eyes. I couldn't speak so I nod again unsure what to say.

What did he have to go through which caused him that much pain?

"Good girl." He whispers and brings our intertwined hands to his mouth pecking it slightly and resting it under his chin. "I love you, so much that it hurts tesoro you and the kids are the reason I'm still here. I belong to you, even if you don't I'll always belong to you."

My heart thuds with every word he speaks and deep down even I know that I will always belong to him, at least my heart will.

"Now, I made lasagna and you must be hungry. Come on." He says as he stands up and tugs my hand telling me to get up. Without a word I get up because my mind is too messed up to say anything hell I can't even comprehend what he said.

On our way to the living room, I watch his fists clench and unclench as our hands brush past each other. He's dying to hold my hands, I know that so I cross my arms over my chest and look away.

I never said it out but I'm glad for the words he spoke today but it's hard to trust him again. My heart says to believe him and my mind yells to stay away from him because it's still hurt about the pain he caused the last time.

Past five years I covered my wounds not giving them a chance to heal and no the same wounds turned into bruises that sting me every second.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to keep all the pain inside.

As we reach the dining table he pulls out a chair for me, taking a seat he flips a plate over and starts serving me without a word. He looks nervous making me scoff inwardly, this asshole here literally makes the best lasagna ever I don't know why he is nervous.

"Where are the kids?" I ask taking a bite from the food. I swallow back a moan as I taste the heavenly dish which I definitely missed more than the chef.

Just kidding.

"With Francois and Filip." He answers before heading to the kitchen. Just when I finished devouring the meal like my last one he comes back with a small teacup in his hands and sets it down beside my plate. My nose crunches in disgust when I see that it's herbal tea. "Drink it up amore." He says in a soft yet stern voice.

"I'm perfectly fine. I don't need it." I reply just when my stomach betrays me and churns in pain. He raises his eyebrows and I sigh knowing that he's not going to leave me until I drink it. Rolling my eyes I close my nose and gulp it down in one go and drink water immediately.

"Good girl." He says with amusement in his voice and my stomach does flips.

Damn my praise kink, it's not the time.

"I'll do the dishes, take rest, Val. I'll send the kids in a few." He says softly and leans down to peck my forehead. He then takes my plate in his hands. "buona notte amore, I love you." [Goodnight love] He says and goes back into the kitchen.

He's making it too hard but I'm never forgetting what happened.