Prologue

I snuggled into my bed and tried pulling the blanket. Ouch!! I feel a subtle stinging sensation on the back of my palm. I am awake but I am in no mood to neither open my eyes nor get out of my bed yet.

I heard a rhythmic beeping sound and wondered whether it was my alarm? But that wasn't the regular ring tone I set. May be the settings have gone wrong. It sounds so annoying as if an ECG monitoring machine. Let me turn it off and sleep for a while. Just few minutes more. I've been up late until last night studying. Studying for my final exam papers or.. rather practicing.. practicing to.. Oh God! I don't want to get late.

I sit up straight at once and say a little prayer still keeping my eyes closed.

"Varkratunda Mahakaai Suryakoti Samaprabha, Nirvignam Kurume Deva Sarvakaryeshu Sarvadaa"

I pray to Lord Ganesh to bless me in everything I do by removing all the obstacles. It was taught by my father when I was very little. I miss my parents so much.

Hmmm.. I rub my palms and run them over my eyes and then place them infront of eyes joining together to see. Believing in God and on our own hands is the best way to start the day. Whatever we see first thing in the morning becomes our fate. That's what my father told me and he said our fate is in our hands and we need to work to achieve what we want. So looking at your hands in the morning reminds you that everything depends on you and Lord Ganesh is a guiding force to achieve it.

I slowly open my eyes and saw my palm. The same palm on which I have been feeling a pull and a stinging sensation from so long. I turn them around and I find an...  'IV needle?'

"What the hell?", I said loudly.

This is surely a prank by my hostel mates. How could I sleep being so unaware that they pierced the needle into my hand and went? Must be Suraj, that medical college student. I thought he was a sober person but I think he must have picked up the behaviour from other rascals.

I then look at my blanket which was light blue in colour. No wonder I felt chilled earlier, where did my striped cozy blanket go? I lift my eyes and look around.

"What the heck? This ain't my hostel room. What's happening?"

This looks like some hospital ward with all those medical equipments. Did my stupid hostel mates transfer me into this room last night to pull a prank? This has to be the most expensive prank they've ever pulled on me.

"Alright, come out you rascals. You got me. I have a final exam to answer as well and then.. (sighs) and then propose to the love of my life, my classmate and my best friend, Gunjan.." (lost in trance)

A lady dressed as nurse lifts her head which was resting on my bed and whom I failed to notice all this while. She looked at me.

"Oh! You are awake!", She exclaimed.

Ofcourse I am.. Who is she? How is she allowed in the boy's hostel? Before I could ask her anything she rushed out of the door. I looked at the door perplexed and then looked around the room again.

"There is no clock nor my phone. I can't miss to answer my final exams because of these bastards.", I murmured.

I looked at the stupid IV needle.. Arghhh.. Oh Ganpati bappa please help me.. I pulled out the needle at once.. Ouchhh!! And a little blood oozed out of the place.

"Idiots!! Rascals!!!!", I yelled.

I pulled out all the hangings on my body one by one which stopped me from moving away. I then placed a cotton gauge, lying in a tray kept on the table, on the bleeding area. I got down from the bed. Arghhh... They even dressed me up into a hospital gown.. I need to check the time.. I took few steps and opened the door and stepped out..

Gosh!! This looks like some hospital set-up. It's so surreal. I am feeling a little weak and my head is spinning.

The time.. the time.. my exams.. my Gunjan..

"Excuse me!!", I call out to the lady. She turned around. Would I be cheating Gunjan if I say she was beautiful? Hmm.. how would she know unless I tell her? This secret will go to grave with me.

"What's... the time?" I ask with a fading voice as I realise that I am going to faint.....

THUDDD!!!!!!
__________________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

Add on to your reading list/library to follow the story and get notified on the next update.

Let me know your views on the prologue.

The cover credits to me. 😉

 😉