E.8. The Girl With Humanity

Check if you've read the previous update. ❤️❤️ Please vote!

_______________________________

(Baby Crying)

"What the hell? Who got the crying baby in the hostel?"

I was woken up by someone's baby's crying noise. It was damn irritating. I opened my eyes and realised that the whinny monster is my own baby and I am in hospital and in the year 2021 and I have a wife named Sana... Argghhhh... So many "Ands" AND that I can't remember anything from the above.

Anyways, why the hell is that little monster crying? I turned around to see if Sana was also sleeping but she wasn't there. She had left the baby on the bed with some pillows around. Perhaps, the baby was sleeping when she left her.

What do I do? She is crying her lungs out and damaging my ear drums as well. Looks like I would need ear transplants as well soon. Hmm.. never heard of that kind of transplant though.

Chuck it Sidharth! Think how to shut her mouth for now.

Hmmm.. I place the pillow on my ears. Seems a better idea that I avoid it rather than going close to that crying mess. But hell, the decibel of her crying volume is so high that even this pillow couldn't stop it. I hope the TV, vase and window glasses don't break after that whining Opera.

I look at the bed and the baby was kicking the pillows. Oh hell!! The pillows just fell down on the ground. What if she falls as well? Sana will choke me in my sleep.

I pulled out the hangings on my body and ran towards her bed..

Mission stop the baby from crying commences!!

Round 1:

"Hey baby.. what was your name? Hmmm.. whatever, please be quiet! Please", I said to her without touching her.

She refused to stop crying. Hell! This can't be my baby. She doesn't even recognise me. She was all pink as she cried.

Round 2:

"Hey baby, I will give you chocolate please don't cry!", I said to the baby. But she didn't stop her trumpet.

Come on Sidharth! She is so tiny. Are they allowed to eat chocolate? I bet she doesn't even know about the chocolate.

Hmmm.. Round 3:

I took the small rattle on the bed.

"Look, what do I have with me? It's your rattle. Tingy Tingy Tingy.", I shook the rattle creating more noise without any luck. It's confirmed, she is adopted. I look at the big mirror hanging at the distance and then at her face. See, she doesn't even look like me. Hmm.. she looks like Sana though. No wonder, I've seen Sana also cry so much since morning.

Arghhh.. Round 4

I make weird faces with weird sounds infront of her face. Oh..oh.. I think I pressed the wrong button, instead of decreasing the volume, I ended up accelerating it further.

Round 5..

"Oops! I am sorry, please I beg of you baby. Please keep quiet!!", I pleaded folding my hands infront of her but she is a merciless devil. Huh! Keep crying, because even I am going to cry now with you.

I raised the virtual white flag to surrender infront of the little nuclear bomb.

She rolled around and was about to fall down from the bed when I finally held her.

"See, you would have hurt yourself now", I said which went unheard by the crying mess.

"It's okay, I held you. Stop crying now.", I embraced her by wrapping my hug arms around her and pressing her close to my chest.

Tadaaa, she stopped crying! I can't believe it! Oh my God! She stopped crying when I hugged her.

I looked down at her as she snuggled closer into my arms and closed her eyes. I rocked her gently holding her still. I looked at the mirror again at the reflection of me holding her. This feels so so good and so relaxing. Wow! She isn't so bad after all. She is indeed my daughter and she is so gorgeous.

It was almost 5 minutes that I held her and stood near the window, watching the kids play in the park nearby. The door opened.

"Why are you out of that bed?", I heard Sana's voice from behind.

"Sssshhhhh... she is sleeping", I
whispered as I turned around.

"Ohh!! Did she wake up?", Sana whispers

I nodded my head slowly.

"Give her to me, you need to be on your bed. I am sorry I had to go to the ATM and since she was fast asleep, I thought I would leave her on the bed.", She whispered as she took the baby from my hand.

I smiled as I missed the warmth she gave to my heart while I embraced her. I never knew I would say this but I love her already. I kept looking at the baby in Sana's arm.

"I am sorry, I forgot her name.", I said in a low voice.

"Manvi.. a girl with humanity and one who poses all the best qualities", Sana said lost in her thoughts.

Hmm.. I kept calling her monster and she turned me into loving her. She truely poses all the best qualities.

I went and occupied the bed. Sana presses the green button to call the nurse who stuck all the wires back on my body which I had pulled out.

"When will this be removed?" I asked the nurse.

"My guesses tomorrow. But it would be doctor's call. Do you need anything else?", She asked.

"No, thank you.", I said.

"I'll get you the dinner shortly. What do I get for you Ma'am?, The nurse asked.

"Huh? Can she also have food?", I asked surprised.

"Ofcourse, it's a special ward. So, she gets this facility as well.", The nurse said.

"Hmmm..", I nodded.

"The menu is on the table. You can order anything from it." The nurse said.

Hmmm.. lucky lady. She gets to eat whatever she likes and I have to go through the torture again.

"Get me the same kind of food you get for him.", Sana said to the nurse giving me the shock.

"But that's tasteless made especially for patients..", the nurse spoke who was equally shocked as me.

"That's fine. I will have it.", Sana said.

"Okay! I'll get it soon.", The nurse said.

"Sister, can I see the menu please?", I asked.

"That's not for you.." the nurse said.

"I just want to read it and reminisce the taste. Is that a forbidden as well?", I asked sarcastically.

"Sorry!", The nurse said passing the menu to me and left the room.

I looked at the menu. There were quite a few tasty options in it and Sana chose to eat that tasteless food. Why?

"Sana, why didn't you see the menu before ordering? This menu looks so tempting and mouth watering. You don't know how that food tastes. You are going to repent it soon when you taste it.", I said.

"I won't! I had the same food in the afternoon. We are in this together. I can't take all your pain but experience it wherever possible.", She said.

What is she even made up of? She is giving up the luxury since I can't enjoy it? Am I so deserving?

"Well, atleast you could have ordered the tasty food. We could have exchanged.", I said.

She glared at me.

"I was joking!!", I said making her laugh with me.

__________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️