E.9. The Dirty Duty

Manju came and took Manvi away as little babies weren't allowed to stay overnight in the hospital. Sana fed me the dinner, gave me the medicine and ate her dinner as well. She then emptied the urine bag, dimmed the lights and slept on her bed.

Lying in my bed, looking at her sleeping figure in the distant, I recollected all the events which happened on this day of my life. From a lover boy in college to being a heartbroken single to a husband and then a father in one single day.

I didn't dare to question her much since I was already overloaded with all the above situations. As the doctor said I have to be calm and go slow on my brain. The way eating too much at once can cause problem in digesting, similarly asking too many questions on one single day would cause problem in digesting those information.
.
.
.
I said my prayers and looked at my palms. Hmmm.. yet another day of the life in the hospital.

"Good morning!" Said Sana sliding the curtains to allow the sunlight inside.

"Good morning Sana", I said with a smile. I sighed looking at her beautiful face.

She got a toothbrush with some toothpaste on it.

"Say EEE.."she said.

"Please can I do it myself?" I asked her with a puppy face.

She nodded and passed the brush to me.

"I'll go to the bathroom and do this", I said.

"No, not until doctor approves." She said strictly.

I nodded with a pouty face. I brushed my teeth and she placed a bowl to spit into it. Felt so uncomfortable doing it. I gargle my mouth with some water and spit it into the bowl again. I looked at her face to see if she had any kind of disgusted facial expression as she saw the mess. She was totally normal. She then went and emptied the bowl. She wiped my face with wet wipes while I gazed at her.

"Do you feel like passing motion?", She asked.

"Huh?", I gulped. I did, but how do I tell her. I mean, I felt so uncomfortable while spitting or while she emptied the urine bowl. Passing motion will be just another level of embarrassment.

"Should I get a bedpan for you?", She asked again by framing her question differently.

I nodded no. I will wait until the doctor comes. I'll ask him for his permission to allow me move and do my dirty jobs myself. She might be my wife but I still can't remember anything about her. Plus it's so awkward and gross. Wouldn't she feel like throwing up looking at my feces. Forget about looking at it alone, even the smell might make her throw up. I would, even if it was my wife. I wonder how she did that duty while I was unconscious.

"Okay, then let's have our breakfast." She said.

"Hmmm", I nodded.

She got the breakfast tray and fed me the same. Breakfast tasted a little better than the lunch and dinner, so I finished it quickly.

She sat and ate her breakfast. My bowel was pleading me to allow it to release the pressure off it. But I can't permit.

"Sana, what time will the doctor come?", I asked

"May be around 10:30am. Any problem? Are feeling okay?", She asked me out of concern.

"No, I am fine. I was just asking.", I said.

I looked at the watch it was 9:43am. Arghhh.. I think the clock is slow. Why doesn't it move?

Divert your mind Sidharth, that's the best you can do to help yourself. The more you think about it, the more you feel like doing.