E.23. His Second Wish!!

Check if you've read the previous update.
_________________________

Sana unknowingly pulled Sidharth's arm, hugged it and snuggled cozily closer to him while he was spooning her from behind. She opened her eyes when she realised it can't be Agastya. She remembered how she herself had slept on his side. This time she didn't push him away.

She slowly lifted his hand and came out of his embrace. She sat on the edge of the bed and looked at his sleeping face. There was a subtle smile on his face. His face glowed and he looked divinely handsome.

Her eyes fell on long strand of hair which was stuck in his stubble.

Oh Gosh! That's mine. I should remove it before he gets up. What would he think if he notices it?

She leaned further and delicately held a loose end of the strand. She pulled it subtly and with the sensation his smile grew bigger. She bit her tongue and flapped her eyelashes to close her eyes with the fear of getting caught. She then slowly opened her one eyes to check his reaction. He was still sleeping. She sighed and resumed to pull it more delicately.

While the other end was about to make its way out of his stubble, he sat up straight with his eyes closed and hands folded. While he said his prayers she minutely searched for the strand of hair which wasn't visible to her now. When he opened his eye and looked into his palm, the strand of hair was in his hand. She looked at it and gave him a nervous smile.

"Good Morning Senorita. Did you sleep well?", He asked with a smile without embarrassing her.

"Good morning.. Aaa.. Yes! Yes! I did, though I co-slept with Manvi last night, she didn't trouble me even a bit.", She lies not knowing that he already knew that she actually slept on his chest last night.

"Hmmm, yeah, I told you that she absolutely would have no problem sleeping here. Even I could sleep comfortably with no disturbance. So from now on, you two should start sleeping here itself.", he looked at Manvi who was sleeping on her tummy. He delicately caressed her head and kissed his hand.

Sana nodded to agree as she had a good sleep herself last night but she thought to herself that she will be careful to not end up sleeping near him again.

"Should I help you to get to the bathroom and freshen up?" She asked.

"Don't worry Sana. I will manage. You saw me out of bed so many times yesterday and I know I am just doing fine. I need little movement as well. You can finish your chores until she gets up.", He said.

"Hmm.. The consignment of our other luggages is due for arrival today. I should finish my chores quickly and then I need to bake a cake for you. Happy birthday once again Sidharth", she said with a smile.

"Can I get a proper birthday hug?", He requested like a little baby. She was surprised on his demand. Nevertheless she thought, she had hugged him in sleep so she decided to give him the hug he asked for.

"Happy birthday Sidharth", she said hugging him. He smiled and hugged her back making sure he doesn't make her feel uncomfortable. It was a short and quick hug.

"Thank you. I needed it. Motivates me to fight the physical pain I get due to the surgery.", He said looking at her.

Soon she was lost in her thoughts:
After hearing his words, I realised that though he isn't making it evident, he was going through post surgery aches and trauma. Life wasn't easy for him as well. Though I am helping him like a nurse, I couldn't give him that care and warmth which an actual wife would give. What if it was Agastya in his place? How different the treatment would have been?