E.2. The Job Interview

Good morning everyone,

Check if you've read previous update before reading this.
_________________

It's been quite sometime that I have been observing her. I didn't know what to speak more to her. She had been looking at the ECG monitor without moving her eyeballs even for a fraction of a second.

Usually, the ladies at this age look at the TV screen like this when their favourite teleserial plays. What's so fascinating about the ECG machine that she is looking at it with so much dedication?

Hmm.. is she a doctor?

Ofcourse, she is.. Why would she be in this room otherwise? To be here with the patient, she should either be a patient herself or patient's family or the doctor.

Wait a minute! So do you still believe that it is a prank?

Nah!! Those rascals don't have so much money that they can pull such expensive pranks. I must have fallen sick while asleep that's why they might have admitted me. Let me ask her.

"Dr. Sana! What has happened to me?", I asked.

Sana: Huh? I am...

The door opens and Dr. Subramania walks in along with two more in doctor's coat and a nurse. I wonder what's going on. Is this some kind of carnival show? Hmm.. Dr. Sana got up and stood in a corner.

"Hi Gentleman, this is Dr. Gupta and he is Dr. Iyer. They will asking you few questions. Just some random things you see. Don't worry, just be relaxed.", Dr. Subramania says.

Huh.. I am an management student, are they offering me a Doctor's role at the hospital since they want to have an interview with me.

"Okay! Sure! No problem at all", I say.

"What's your name?", Dr. Iyer asked.

"Sidharth Rahane, my friends call me Sid", I answer.

"What do you do at present Sidharth?", Dr. Gupta asks

"I am a final year management student from S.S. Business Management College. Today was my last paper but Dr. Sana informed me that it was cancelled as the paper was leaked.", I said pointing my hand at Dr. Sana.

The three doctors look at each other. Dr. Subramania whispers something to the other two and they nod.

"Thank you Dr. Sana", Dr. Subramania says looking at Dr. Sana. Dr. Sana nods no, her face showed some confusion. I really hope that she didn't lie about my final papers being leaked.

"Are you sure that my final paper got leaked?", I asked to confirm.

"Yes, it did. Dr. Sana is absolutely right", Dr. Iyer spoke.

"Are you married Sidharth?", Dr. Gupta asked.

"What? No! I am just 21.", I said

Dr. Gupta and Dr. Sana looked at each other and he nodded his head with his eyes closed as if he was assuring her something. Why are they acting so weird by the way and why are they asking me such questions?

"What's today's date?", Dr. Iyer asked.

"Huh? 25th April, 2012", I said. What a bummer! They are doctors and they don't remember today's date? How do they remember what treatment and what medicine to give?

"Are you sure?", Dr. Iyer asked.

"What? Why don't you confirm with the calendar or your phone doctor?, I speak feeling annoyed at the stupid question.