E.1. Anonymous Rahane

(Beep Beep Beep Beep)

Was that a dream? But the beep sound. Feels like a deja vu and I fear opening my eyes again. Where am I? What's happening with me? Someone is sticking back all the sticky pads on my body. I have my exams today and all I know is I am feeling exhausted and that I am unable to move now.

Am I abducted in sleep by any chance and are these people wanting to take away my organs since I was perfectly fine when I slept.

I can't hold my patience anymore. I need answers to all my questions. I need to confront.

I open my eyes and look around. There was the same nurse who had ran out of the door last time. But she is not alone this time. There is another male in the room who is dressed in a doctor's coat.

"Where am I? Who are y'all?", I asked.

"Hi, You are at the Good Health Hospital. I am Dr. Subramania Kumar and that's our nurse.", He spoke.

"Why am I at the hospital? Are y'all smuggling my organs?", I confronted.

"What? Smuggling? No! This is a reputed hospital and we are here to treat you and not steal your organs.", He speaks annoyed.

"Then why the hell am I here?", I yelled.

"Relax!! You are here because you had an accident. We gave you the treatment.", The doctor said.

"What accident? I was fine until yesterday. I have my last paper of my final exam today. Plus I have to meet Gunjan as well. Today is the last day of my college. If I don't tell her that I love her. She might never know.", I blurted out my schedule for the day.

"What exams? You met with an accident 4 weeks back and have been on this bed since then.", The doctor cried.

"You must be mistaken. I clearly can't remember of having met with an accident in my whole life. Infact I don't even know how did I arrive here. You must be talking about some other patient", I gave my judgement.

"We aren't mistaken. But don't you really remember anything about the accident?", the doctor asked in surprise.

"No! When there is no such thing happened with me where is the question of remembering it?", I said in an obvious tone.

"What is today's date?", The doctor asked.

I start laughing out loudly.

"You claim to be a doctor and that I am in this hospital for 4 weeks, yet you can't remember today's date. It's 25th April, 2012 and I have my Corporate Finance paper today at 11am... Oh my God! What's the time?"
I asked the doctor.

The doctor looked at me in shock.

"Hmmm.. looks like you can't read the time as well. Hey Nurse, can you tell me the time please?", I asked the nurse.

"It's 9:25am", She said after looking into her wrist watch.

"Puff... Thank God, I still have sometime. It takes me an hour to finish my morning chores and reach college from the hostel.", I sighed in relief.

"Okay, okay. We still have 35 minutes with us. Just give us a moment. I will be right back. Sister, follow me", the doctor marched out of the ward along with the nurse.

I looked at the ECG machine going up and down. Hell, how did I reach here? These hospital staff looks mad. The so called doctor who can't even remember the date or read the time. The nurse who might have misplaced the record sheet which made him claim that I am here since 4 weeks.

Let me check the record sheet. I pick up the record sheet hanging onto my bed and read it.

"What the heck? It's confirmed that this is a set-up by my dumb hostel mates. The date on the sheet is 8th December, 2021. These bastards are 9 years ahead of time."

A lady enters the room. Oh! She is the same beautiful lady I saw earlier before I fainted. Hmm.. looks a little older for my age though. Why am I thinking about it though? Focus on Gunjan.

She came and sat on the chair beside the bed and looked at the ECG monitoring machine as if she was looking at the love of her life. But why is she here? Hmm.. whatever it is.. I need to know the time at the earliest. That doctor asked me to wait but he hasn't returned. I don't want to miss my last paper.

"Excuse me, what's the time?", I ask the beaut.. I mean the lady.

She checks her big screen mobile phone. That gadget looks imported and latest model that I am unaware of.

"9:56am", she says.

Her voice is as beautiful as her face. Oh God! Why am I drooling over a middle aged lady? She must be atleast 7-8 years elder to me. Arghh.. If Gunjan could anytime read my mind, she will trash me with the whip until death.

Wait!! Did she say 9:56 a.m.?

"Oh God!! I am running late. I need to get ready. I will miss my exam. Ma'am, are aware you of this place? How far is it from S.S. Business Management College?", I inquired.

"Aaa.. your final exam paper is cancelled as the paper got leaked. It is now rescheduled to next week.", She said.

"What? All the efforts I put in is gone down the gutter. Curse those bastards who leaked the paper", I vented my anger in flow.

She looked at me awkwardly.

"I am sorry for the language. Thanks for informing this. My name is Sidharth Rahane, I am a final year MBA student from SS Business Management College." I forward my hand to her for a handshake.

"Sana.. Sana Ra.. (clears her throat) Rahane.", She shook my hands softly.

Her hands were delicate like flower petals. Arggghhh..

"You are Rahane as well? Wow!!"

"Hmmm.. my maiden name was Bedi. My husband's surname is Rahane", she said.

"Okay!!", I said with a faint smile.

What a bummer!! She is married!!

What's wrong with you Sidharth? How does her marital status affect you? Stop imagining nonsensical things. You never drooled over anyone else in college apart from Gunjan but now you are lustfully letching over someone else's wife? Better control yourself before her husband beats you black and blue.

___________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

Kindly vote and leave feedback in comments.