E.30. Connected By Heart

"Sidharth, if the lady who died in the accident wasn't your wife then who was she?", Asked Sana as she removed the little bandaid from his chest.

"That was Gunjan", he said staring at her face.

"Huh? Gunjan? The one who you were suppose to propose 9 years back?", She asked in shock staring into his eyes.

He nods yes.

"So 9 years back she accepted your proposal and you were together?", She asked as her face falls unknowingly feeling insecured. He smiles and kisses her lips to assure that she meant everything to him.

"She cheated me the big time Sana. First she didn't reciprocate to my feelings and left me heart broken for 8 long years. When I finally was ready to move on, she crossed path with me. She lied to me that her boyfriend was blackmailing her using her intimate videos to extort money. But in actual she framed me along with her boyfriend to get heavy amount of money. They both emotionally compelled me to cheat my former employer for a huge amount of money, which I did. But before I could transfer the money to them, I caught them red handed.", He said giving her a bigger shock.

"Huh? Then what were you doing with her in the same car on the day of accident?", Sana asked curiously.

"I had recorded her telephonic conversation with her boyfriend and had that as an only proof to escape any legal case against me in the court of law for cheating. However, her blackmailer boyfriend escaped with the evidence and while I chased him, I lost the control of my car during the hustle with Gunjan.", He said.

"What about the money you took from your employer?", she asked.

"It's safe in back account. I need the proof before I return it to them else I will be trapped in the jail for lifetime.", He said.

"What? What if the blackmailer again blackmails you for money?", She asks.

"He won't since I lied to him that I transferred back the money to the company. So according to him, I don't have any money with me.", Sidharth speaks.

"Sidharth, it means we are safe only until nobody finds out that you are here. Your employer might have already complained and the police might be watching out for you. Why don't you return the money and let police handle it?", She suggests.

"But why would they trust me without any evidence Sana? For them I am a criminal because I don't have any proof of innocence", He explains.

"Hmmm.. but have you ever thought that what if your memory hadn't returned, you would have even forgotten where you've kept that money.", She says.

"Hmmmm.. True! I have written the details of that account in my email id though.", He says.

She sticks a new bandaid on the little wound lost in her thoughts. While Sidharth feels that he should confess about Agastya's accident witness.

"Sana.. I want to tell you something.", Says Sidharth.

"Yes Sidharth", she says.

"While I chased the blackmailer, he bumped into man climbing up the stairs causing him to fall. Since I had to chase the blackmailer, I cried out for help on the floor and ran down to catch the blackmailer. That man was.. was Agastya.", He bit his lips in fear and looked down.

Sana was shocked. She stood straight, her face fell and without uttering a word, went upstairs to her other room. Sidharth was feeling guilty. Her silence was excruciating than if she had spoken something against him. He wanted her to react, scold him or even beat him to feel less guilty. He went upstairs and knocked on the door calling her.

She opened the door after a lot of banging on the door by him. Her face was pale with no reaction on it. He hugged her.

"I am sorry Sana but it was purely an accident, I found out that Agastya was the same person only few days back. Please don't leave me. I can't survive without you. I have been longing for love my whole life and the mere thought of losing the one I have is choking me. Please Sana.", He pleads.