E.7. Crying Monster

Sorry for no update yesterday. It was my Sonny boy's birthday. 🥰
________________

A ward boy entered the ward along with the nurse. The nurse started taking off all the special ornaments designed for patients belonging to the hospital attached to my body. Puff.. thank God they are all gone. It was so irritating.

"Could you slowly get up and sit on this wheelchair please?" The nurse said.

"Huh? Am I getting discharged? Where is Sana?", I asked confused.

"No, we are shifting you to another ward. Your wife is speaking to the doctor. She will come soon.", She said

The ward boy helped me sit on the wheelchair and slowly rode me out of the ward. They took me through the corridor and into the lift. The nurse presses key number 5 and we reached the 5th floor. I looked at everything perplexed as to why were they shifting me all of the sudden.

The ward boy manoeuvred the wheelchair into the room. It was a private room with some upgraded facilities like television, phone, flower vase, big window and a clock!

The ward boy helped me sit on the bed. I wondered whether I could afford this luxury or not. Meanwhile all the special effects returned to my body one by one. Arghhhh. What's the use I thought.

"Your wife will be here shortly. If you need anything just press the green button here.", She said and started to leave.

"Aaa.. Sister, could you please pass me some magazines?", I asked.

She nodded and passed me some magazines and went out. I looked at the cover page. The month and the year gave me chill. Gosh! This is so scary. It's 2021!! And soon it's going to be 2022 as well. I am still stuck at 2012.

Oh boy! So Narendra Modi is the prime minister now and I answered them Manmohan Singh. Hmmm..

M.S. Dhoni has retired. Nitin would be so so disappointed on his retirement. He won us the World Cup last year. Wow! The way I celebrated it whole night with my hostel mates.

Argghhh.. did I say last year? That was 10 years back, in the year, 2011. Did they win any other World cup after that?

The door opens and an automatic smile appears on my face finding Sana infront of me.

"Where were you? You took so long.", I whined like a little kid.

"Did you like the ward? Your mind was wandering so much so I thought it would keep you distracted when you watch television etc.", She said with a smile.

"Yes, I liked it. Can we afford it?", I asked.

"Ofcourse, we can." She nodded.

"Wow! How and when did I turned so rich to afford all this?", I said with a shining eyes.

"Long story short, we've suffered a lot before we got lucky last month when we won a windfall. Before we could actually live our dream, you met with this accident. Now we are going to live our dreams together. I don't want to stress your heart too much now. We will stay away from this busy and buzzing city with traffic, pollution and stressful life. The money we have now is enough to lead a simple and wonderful life amidst calm and soothing nature in the moutains", She said lost in her thoughts.

She is so caring towards me.

"Your idea seems to be very good. But as my father said even a tonnes of money won't be enough for the person who would want to spend his life in sitting and eating.", I spoke practically.

"I never said we will sit and eat. We will have a smaller yet satisfying occupations. I don't want a lavish life which comes at the cost of reducing years from our life. A simple life with more years would do.", She said sitting beside me on the bed.

"What made you take this decision?", I asked.

"I spoke to the doctor few minutes back. He said after a heart transplant, you need to be under medication for life because our body never accepts any foreign object (here the heart). The maximum number of years a person who survived with a heart transplant is 33 years. But I think that years of our life depend on our lifestyles. I will take care of you so that you beat the world record and that your heart survives many more years because it belongs to me.", She said keeping her hands on my chest.

She closed her eyes feeling my heartbeats and I was lost looking at her.

There was a knock on the door. She got up and went towards the door. A lady walked in with a crying baby.

Hmm.. Visitors!! I think I am ready to be introduced to yet another relative of ours. She must be her sister or may be her sister-in-law or may be just a good friend. I must say her baby is one crying mess. They look cute but the moment they open their mouth, it's a torture. I hate kids.

"I want you to introduce you to someone, Sidharth", said Sana.

"Sure", I said with a smile looking at the lady. The lady smiled back at me.

"Oh! Baby, why are you crying so much?" Sana took the crying baby from her hand.

Thank God!! The crying monster was quite in Sana's arms. She really has the magic and charm to impress anyone.

"Sidharth, she is Manvi, our daughter!", Said Sana.

"What?", I literally shivered hearing this news. How the hell did I gather so much courage in this world to have a little crying monster in our life?

"Do you want to hold her?" Sana came and sat beside me holding the baby.

"No.. no.. no.. Are you trying to pull a prank on me? She is her baby right?", I asked pointing at the lady standing behind Sana.

"No! Why would I pull a prank? She is our baby only. This is Manju, I hired her to look after the baby while I need to be there with you.", Sana said with a frown.

"Oh hell! How did I agree for having a baby?", I asked.

Sana glared at me from top to bottom as if she will eat me raw.

"I am sorry! It's just that.. I.. I.. I am still 30 year old and how did I agree for taking such a big responsibility?", I tried explaining to calm her down. Though my explanation was all false and the actual reason was that I hated kids.

She smirked in annoyance.

"Ma'am, I needed some money to buy nappies for her.", Manju said.

Sana nodded and took out her purse.

"Oh! I ran out of cash. I will have to withdraw it from the ATM on the ground floor. You wait outside, while I feed the baby.", Sana said.

Feed the baby? Here? I gulped. How can she feed here? Infront of me?

Ofcourse, she can. She is your wife afterall.

Thanks for reminding me but I don't remember anything. It isn't fair on my part to act normal and look at her feeding the baby.

I took up a blanket and shut my eyes as I lied facing my back to her while she occupied the other bed meant for her with the baby.

____________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️