E.22. It Started Where It Ended!!

Good morning,

Please check if you've read the previous 2 updates.

_________________

Sana placed soiled plates in the kitchen and came back to take Manvi.

"Sana, let her sleep here itself today.", He said.

"But Sidharth, she will wake up anytime for her midnight feed.", She said.

"Then why do you want to go upstairs? Can't you sleep here itself? This bed can comfortably accommodate all 3 of us.", He asked.

"Huh? She... She sleeps in her crib which is upstairs.", She said hesitantly.

"She looks comfortable here with me. But aren't you comfortable?", He asked.

"No.. no.. nothing like.. like that.. I just don't want you to get disturbed at mid nights when she wakes for feed.", She said fumbling

"It's fine. I don't mind getting disturbed by her because I love her.", He said.

Sana thought for a while and got into the bed with Manvi sleeping in between her and Sidharth.

"Good night Sidharth", she said.

"Thanks Senorita. Good Night", he said with a smile.

She shut her eyes at once not to draw his attention unnecessarily. His eyes were fixated on her.

Flashback:

He read the message from Sheetal over and over again. He was unsure whether he liked her or not because he never let any thoughts of love to enter his mind after Gunjan's exit from his life. He didn't reply her because he was lost in his thoughts.

"It's been 7 years Sidharth that you've been hurt. You aren't giving a chance for yourself to heal from the pain you got from Gunjan. It isn't necessary that Sheetal too would break your heart. Infact Gunjan too never said that she loved you. It was you who mistook her friendship to be love. How was she at fault for your imaginations?

You've grown so stubborn that nobody wants to talk to you. But Sheetal has started liking you. Sheetal reminds me of Sidharth Rahane from S. S. Business Management College who fell for Gunjan.

You will break her heart if you do not accept. Who better than you would know that being loved by someone is better than being in love because there is no fear of rejection or heartbreak."

He looks at the time it was very late and Sheetal's WhatsApp status showed that she was last seen 2 hours back. He thinks that he will accept her proposal personally at office tomorrow and goes to sleep.

On his way to office next day, he stops at Archie's shop and buys a card, a  flower bouquet and a box of chocolate. He steps out of the shop and bumps into a lady passing by.

He gets shocked to see the lady.

"Gunjan?", He said.

"Sidharth, how are you?", She said with a faint smile.

"I am fine. How are you?", He asked

"Hmmm.. Fine!!", She nodded and tears starts flowing out of her eyes.

"Oh God! What happened to you? Why are you crying?", He said out of concern.

She was sulking badly that she couldn't speak so he takes her to the restaurant nearby. He forwards her the tissue paper kept on the table. Gunjan wipes her tears and looks at him.

"Thank you!", She says.

"Here, drink some water." He says by passing water to her.