E.6. Spoonful Of Torture!

Check if you've read the previous update given last night.
________________________

The nurse got the food for me. She checks my blood pressure, heart rate and temperature and then asks me to eat my lunch.

"Sister, what about lunch for her?", I asked.

"We provide food only for patients, she will have to eat at the canteen." The nurse informs and leaves.

I look at Sana as she had said that we will have our lunch together earlier.

"Don't worry. I will feed you first and then go to the canteen.", She said as she took the plate in her hand.

"I will eat myself. You haven't eaten anything since morning, you should go and have it first.", I said.

"Your limbs have swelling and the lesser the movement the better for you is what the doctor has said. So let me do my duty. And if I can wait for so long without eating then I can wait a little more as well. I have done Karwachaut fasting earlier as well.", She said in flow.

"Hmmm.. perhaps that's what saved me from the fatal accident.", I said lost in thoughts.

I looked at her. She was mixing the rice with dal and her eyes were wet. May be I reminded her of the accident. I don't remember anything since I was unconscious. But she lived through the tough phase.

She brought the spoon close to my mouth. Her eyes didn't look into my eyes as she wanted to hide those tears from me. I refused to open my mouth and she finally looked into my eyes.

"Open your mouth", she said with her choking voice.

I nodded no still staring into her eyes.

"Why? I told you that I will have my lunch after this. You have to take the medicine as well after this. Please", she pleaded.

I pushed her hands away slowly before speaking.

"First stop crying. I know you went through a lot since a month but it has already passed and we can't do anything about it. Aren't you happy that I survived?", I asked.

"Your heartbeats are connected with mine, so please don't talk such things.", She said sternly as she wiped her tears. "Now open your mouth because I am hungry and I won't be able to eat until you finish it."

I smiled before opening my mouth and she pushed the spoonful of food into it. I made a disgusting face.

"Stop making faces on the first bite itself since you have to eat this whole thing", she said strictly.

"Rice and dal is my favourite but this one doesn't have any spice nor an adequate amount of salt in it. It tastes bland.", I said with a pouty face.

"Yeah, right! I'll ask the manager of this 5 star restaurant to fire their chef. How dare they serve you the food meant for patients?", She said sarcastically.

Oh wow! She is on fire. Now I know the reason behind her being so hot.

I virtually smacked myself on such statement and opened my mouth yet again for another spoonful of torture. I gulped the food without chewing it anyways the rice was too mushy as well and hardly needed me to chew it.

I opened my mouth even before she could refill the spoon. She looked at me in surprise and smiled.

"Good boy!!", She appreciated me pushing another bite into my mouth.

"You are saved of this torture. What will you eat in canteen?", I asked after gulping the food in my mouth.

"Huh? Yeah! I'll have one large veggie paneer burger loaded with double cheese slices and mayonnaise along with chilled regular coke.", She said.

I laughed as she remembered the order I gave earlier to put a smile on her face. A morsel of food stuck in my throat's air valve causing me to cough. I start coughing holding my chest since it ached while coughing due to the pressure.

"Oh God. Please take this water.", She said as she held the glass of water in one hand near my mouth and with the other hand she caressed my back. I cleared my throat before holding her hand along with the glass and sipping the water. The cough slowly subsided but she didn't cease to stop caressing my back.

"I am fine." I said to her looking at her face still holding her hand along with the glass.

"I am sorry. It's all because of me. I shouldn't have cracked such a joke while eating. Is it hurting?", She asked with tearful eyes.

"Yes, it is. It hurts to see you cry. Why don't you understand? Please don't cry. There was nothing wrong in you joking. You know when you are around, I don't question myself about things but the moment you go away, my mind starts interrogation and I feel my mind would explode any moment. I feel you are the only blessing I have at the moment.", I spoke my heart out in flow.

"Sorry", she said to calm down my annoyance.

She then looked at my hand holding her hand. I nervously removed my hand when I realised the direction she was looking at. She fed me the remaining food in silence post which wiped my face with wet wipes and gave me the medicine which the doctor had prescribed. She supported me to lie down on the bed.

While I was thinking that she would leave for her lunch now, she ducked down to see under the bed. I heard the pouring sound of water.

"Sana, what are you doing?", I asked.

"The urine bag was full. I am just emptying it.", She said.

I didn't know how to react. A kind of embarrassment and hesitation was overtaken by my mind. She must have been doing this nth time in these 4 weeks but that was when I was unconscious.

While I am engrossed treating her like a stranger, she is busy taking care of me citing the reason that it's her duty.

She got up with a container full of urine and went to the bathroom to empty it. She came back after flushing and washing it and kept the container under the bed.

"Sana, I.. I.. Aaa... Can you ask the nurse to take this off. Now that I am conscious, I can go to the washroom for nature calls myself.", I said to her with hesitation.

"You remember the way you collapsed on the floor in the morning, right? The doctor will tell us exactly when it needs to be removed.", She said.

"Aaa.. aa.. I..", I was at the loss of words to tell her how I was feeling.

"Don't feel guilty or embarrassed about me doing these works. You can think of me as yet another nurse doing her duty.", She said with a smile. She went to the washroom to wash her hands.

I was surprised as to how did she understood what I was thinking. Hmm, perhaps we've spent lot of time together that she knows me better.

"Don't stress yourself so much. Why don't you take a short nap instead? Until then I'll go and have my lunch.", She said.

I nodded and closed my eyes. She turned around, picked her handbag and made her way to the door. I opened my eyes and looked at her going out.

"You lucky fellow!!", I said to myself as I sighed.

__________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

Thanks for the feedback in comments. So happy to find y'all loving the story.