E.11. Roadside Romeo

"Sana, How did we meet?", He asked curiously.

Hmm.. I am sorry Agastya, I am going to give our memories to him just like you gave your heart to him.

"3 years back, I was waiting for a bus at a bus stop. I had recently moved into the city and was going to attend my first dance class. A man came and stood beside me...", I said

"Was that me?", He asked.

No, It was Agastya, but..

"Hmmm.. ", I hummed before continuing the story.

Flashback:

Agastya: Excuse me! Will I get a bus to Trinity Towers from here?

Sana: (looked at him from top to toe) I don't know.

Agastya: Ma'am, please don't mistake me. I am not trying to flirt with you. I have an urgent commitment and couldn't get any other transport to commute.

Sana: I said, I don't know. I really don't know.

Agastya frowns and thinks how rude she is. There was no one around to ask so he waited for sometime. The bus number 124 arrived and she got into it.

Agastya: Mr. Conductor, will this bus go to Trinity Towers?

Conductor: Yes, get in quickly.

He boarded the bus and saw Sana sitting on the left side. The bus wasn't crowded but there was just one seat left which was on the right aisle opposite to Sana.

He occupied the seat and stared at her thinking 'Huh!! How much attitude she has that even though she was traveling in the same route bus, she didn't tell me that Trinity Towers was in the same route. Do I look like a road side romeo to her?'

She felt awkward at the way he stared at him but she wasn't the one who gets scared and shy away. She stared right back at him thinking 'Huh!! Loafer, Roadside Romeo! Why the hell are you staring at me like that? Haven't you seen any girl before?'

His thoughts 'Oh! So madam wants to play the glare game. Fine. I won't give up too.'

Her thoughts 'If he had an iota of shame, he would have stopped staring at me. But he is proving himself to be shameless.'

Their stare was interrupted by passengers who stood in the aisle. They got the tickets and asked their co-passengers to let them know where they were suppose to get down.

"Sir, next stop is Trinity Towers", his co-passenger told him.

"Oh, thanks a lot.", He said and made his way towards the door through the pool of crowd.

He was taken aback to find Sana get down infront of him. Sana who saw him get down was shocked to find out that he was stalking her. The bus left and she turned to confront.

Sana: Oh Mister? What's your problem? Why are you following me?

Agastya: Excuse me? Why would I follow you? Are you some Miss. World or a Celebrity to follow?

Sana: Then why did you get down here?

Agastya: I should ask you the question. That's Trinity Towers, my stop. (Points at the big building towards the right) If you were getting down at the same stop then why did you lie when I inquired you about the bus number?

Sana: Not my fault. You should know where you are going. The stop name is Gopinath Circle not Trinity Towers. (She points at the board on the bus stop)

Her thoughts: I would have apologized to him saying that I am new to this place but the way he stared at me in the bus. How can I trust a stranger? I stay alone in this city as well.

His thoughts: Hmm.. looks like she is new in the city hence she didn't know the other name for this place.

Flashback ends.

"Oh!! So that's how we met?", Sidharth asked.

"Hmmm.. Yes, that was the first encounter", I said.

"So it was all the confusion and we started with a fight. So funny! What happened next?", Sidharth asked.

Flashback:

Agastya was seated in his new office cabin. The office boy got him the tea. He took the cup and stood near the big glass window and unfolded the vertical blinds. He stood there sipping the tea as he looked outside. It was just another building in the other compound but what caught his eyes was the same girl from bus.

She had rolled her hair into a bun with the use of clip, the thin black stoles was fastened around her waist and she was performing a Bharatanatyam dance as taught by the trainer. The grace with which she performed her moves was just mesmerising. His eyes refused to look at anybody else apart from her.

He spent an entire 1 and a half hour just standing and watching her from the window. He clicked some picture of her using his phone. After an hour and half she paid obeisances to her Guru and unclipped her hair, untied her stoles and left with the bag.

Flashback ends.

I saw a blush take over on his face as I told him story. For him, the man in the story was him and he was imagining himself in it but only I know that it was my Agastya.

"You know Sana, I know the feeling. I stalked Gunjan the same way in my college unknown to her." He said in flow but then looked at me feeling nervous and guilty as if he was caught cheating by his wife.

I smiled at him and the nervousness on his face turned into shock.

"I am sorry, Sana." He said.

"Don't be. I didn't feel bad about it.", I said to him. Ofcourse, I didn't feel bad because we aren't husband and wife in real neither do we love each other.

As the above thought came into my mind, it gave me a chill. Yes, we aren't real husband and wife, and everything is running smooth since he doesn't remember his past. But what happens when he accepts the lie I orchestrated to be true.

Though whatever I did was to keep Agastya's heart alive and to stay with his heart, it isn't my Agastya's body. Will I be able to share the same kind of relationship with Sidharth as I shared with Agastya?

No, I can't. Did I do a big mistake?

My thought process was broken by Manvi's cry. Before I could pick her up, Sidharth took her in his arms. She kept her head on his chest and smiled feeling secured. If not for yourself, you did it right for your and Agastya's child Sana. Stop feeling guilty.

___________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

Answer in comments please

Is she doing right?