Chapter 16.

When they got to the statehouse, Amy lead the group inside, since the gate was wide open. Her gun, the one with blanks, was facing the sky bullets casings trailing her path.

The troop had their guns out, in two straight lines, left and right following behind Amy. The gunshots coming from her gun made the mob disperse and give way.

The media was all over them, following behind and reporters going crazy. When they got to the door the order Amy had given them was to not let anyone go after them. The second troop was meant to case the outside and keep everyone out.

Knowing intruders were probably inside, they moved quietly and followed Victor's tracking device. After a while, they managed to get to the room he was in. He had a gunshot wound on his left leg and another on his shoulder and was barely conscious.

Sean took Victor as everyone else started directing people to go outside. As promised the ambulance had been parked outside and to make it less suspicious, Rylan had tipped other hospitals and ambulances were waiting. Victor was put in the first ambulance where the clubs Doctor was waiting ready to receive him.

After everyone was outside and Kieran gave the all-clear, they got into the ambulances as well and left. Just as Amy had predicted their vans were already surrounded by the mob, thankfully she had counted on that.

No one would dare stop an ambulance so it was the easiest escape route for them. They made a car exchange at an intersection where they sent Victor to an actual hospital for further treatment. He had to be seen and also for the sake of Lily and Autumn.

Lily was devastated since the news of the attack spread. She and her mother were glued on the tv and the phones up close just in case. So when Lily saw a troop of men walk in the statehouse gun blazing, she thought it would be the end.

"It's gonna be okay mom." She had soothed her mother. With her pregnancy she was not supposed to get extremely stressed, it was already a stressful pregnancy.

"What do they want with them? My God?!" Autumn, Lily's mom lamented.

Lily pulled her in for a hug and soothingly rubbed her back. She just wanted her best friend. Amy knew how to comfort her. Lily took her phone and dialled Amy's number but it went through to voice mail.

Lily knew the death of Amy's parents had impacted her so much that she withdrew from real life. They no longer hang out and long forgotten were the fortnight compulsory friendly dinner.

Without giving up she called and when it bounced again, she decided to text her.

Please, Amy, I need my best friend. - lily

Autumn and Lily watched as the men walked in the house and a few stood at the door as a shield. At that moment Amy had turned to give them silent orders, "They are not all men. That's a woman mom." She stated.

Minutes later they saw the ambulances and the group bring out people, some hurt and bleeding and others just shaken.

"What is happening?" Autumn asked confused at the actions taking place on the tv.

Seated on the edge of the seat Lily was clinging desperately to that slight hope that had blossomed in her heart. "I think they are saving them." She whispered her voice quivering.

Amy had made sure to round everyone up and instruct them using hand signals. When everyone was in the ambulances she got in last, "I think the woman is the one in charge mom." Lily told her mother, their hands intertwined.

"She saved them," Autumn stated fresh tears streaming down her face.

The only thing going through Amy's mind at that moment as she saw Victor was, I am bringing him home Lily.