Chapter 2.

"What the hell happened here?" Amy asked Liz, Alfred's secretary.

"I don't know, I just got here," Liz explained.

"Where is Alfred?"

Liz looked at her watch and sighed.

"Oh phew. Now I remember, he had to attend a family gathering for the weekend." Liz said.

"Liz the weekend is tomorrow today and is on Friday like the eve of the weekend. Call him."

With everything that had been going on, Amy knew anything was possible. Liz came back from her phone call with Alfred and from the looks of her expression, everything was okay.

Well, apart from his office.

"He is okay just running late, he requested that you wait for him in his office. I will call the cleaners in a minute." Liz said walking out.

Amy had been waiting for over thirty minutes when Alfred decided to show up.

"You look like hell Alfred."

Alfred looked at Amy and hoped to God she did not visit Kieran in a few hours. He looked just like him. The Whittaker's murder had shaken a lot of things and without a leader, everything was a mess.

"Crazy night." Sigh. "Have you made a decision yet?"

"No. I just want some answers first." She explained.

"Okay start talking I am all ears." He said taking a seat.

"What is the reason behind my parents' murder? That wasn't in the file."

He scratched his bald head thinking or so she thought.

"Amy no one knows that."

Amy looked at him and just walked out knowing that he was right. The moment she walked out a loud sound of shattering glass stopped her. Liz stood up and ran towards Alfred's office as Amy followed suit.

Alfred's body was sprawled on his office desk, blood whooshing from the back of his head and only one thought was swirling in Amy's head.

whoever had attacked her parents, had attacked again.

She needed to know who and why. But how was she to know that? She needed to go to Africa and check out the -

"Amy! What the hell?! Call the cops." Liz shouted at her after noticing the shell-shocked state she was in.

Amy called the cops and it was a moment of déjà vu for her as she remembered her parents' murder. Not wanting the police to find her there she runs out.

Within minutes the police had arrived and the whole Alfredo Law firm was closed down for investigation. Just like Whittaker's murder, this one too was squeaky clean.

"This is the second murder by gunshot I have answered to this week." Officer one said.

"Yeah, I heard about the double homicide. Poor girl." Said the lady officer.

Amy quickly drove home and as she packed her car so did Kieran.

He walked towards her car after locking his and opened the car door for Amy. She got out of her car as Kieran held her hand and pulled her in for a hug wrapping his hands around her waist.

She felt safe, she felt right at home. It was home for both of them.

It's like he knew, her day had gone south. Amy thought.

He did.

"Amy." Kieran breathed tightening the hug.

She snuggled closer to his chest. His pillowy chest. It felt safe, felt like tomorrow was gonna be brighter and okay.