Chapter 3.

Not only did the box contain half of her life but also systematics and blueprints of clubs hotels and many other buildings.

Logbooks, title deeds and a bunch of letters. Specifically twenty letters. Her parents never left any will behind but the box was THE will. The cars and blueprints held no answers for her, but maybe the letters did. She needed the answers to help her with closure.

Amy was not sure anymore, it felt as if she may never find the closure she was looking for. Trying doesn't hurt though.

All the twenty letters had her name signed on them, the year and date of birth. Each year from the year she was born to her twentieth birthday. Each letter for each year seemed unbelievable. It was her parents after all anything is possible.

She put the letters aside and continued to go through the box where she came across a photo album. It contained all the moments - correction -important moments and occasions of her life.

They were there, just not physically.

Amy placed everything safely back in the box and locked it leaving only the letters. She put the box aside and opened the first letter. To her dismay, nothing was inside the envelope. It was empty, just an empty envelope. Shrugging it off she took the second letter. But as she was opening it her phone rang.

Lily.

"Lily." She answered.

"Amy? Hey, how are you doing?" She asked concern laced in her voice.

"I am doing well, Lily. What's up?"

"Am sorry about your parents. We never got to talk during the burial or before. I look forward to seeing you though." Lily sympathized.

"Me too."

"Okay, see you then," Lily said and hung up.

Kieran had given Amy some privacy to go through the box and its content but after two hours he decided to order some food and go back.

On his way back he received a phone call from his friend.

"Hey, Latif?" He answered.

"Dude, it's time to cut the vacation short."

"I know man. But it's not easy on her. She has accepted everything so far, am afraid it might blow up on her if we push in more information." Kieran explained.

"It has to be done. You know how it works, orders can only be given by a Whittaker, and no one is willing to go against that." Latif explained the situation.

"Alright, give me a few more hours, maybe days. I will have brought her up to speed."

A few minutes later he walked back to the hotel. "Hey, muffin I brought food." He said kissing her on the forehead.

"You need to eat, I don't want you starving yourself again." Kieran said emphasizing the 'you' and plopping on the bed.

•°•°

"Ready to leave?" Kieran asked after they finished their breakfast.

"Yeah, I am." She sighed before continuing. "Everything has been happening so fast."

"There is so much more to do M. The rule book requires you to take as much needed time as you need but things are getting out of control." Kieran tried to explain the situation.

"What else am I supposed to do?" Amy asked sitting on the bed waiting for Kieran to answer.

"Take over the company, remember Trevor said it was a hierarchy matter? Only a Whittaker by blood can give orders. We need you, Amy."