Chapter 12.

"Amy, is this mom and dad?" Sean asked while holding the framed picture that was on the desk.

"Yeah," she chuckled. "They took this picture on my sixteenth birthday. They hated pictures, so it was kind of a birthday wish for me."

"Mom looks so young. The lady I grew knowing as mom looked way older. I never actually knew her that much."

"Well, it's the exercise and money. Money can make you look young." Amy joked.

"You are kidding right?"

"Do you wanna read the letters mom left for me?"

"Not all of them. Just the one about me. If that is okay with you." Sean replied.

Amy remembered that the letter stated Sean would get his letter too. Ignoring it, she just let it go.

Amy normally had no time to keep still and read the letters. But just maybe she could get herself to open the fifth letter.

Sean could not help but feel as if he owed his parents back in Paris an explanation. He stared at his laptop for more than thirty minutes trying to make the call.

Clicking on the enter button the call went through so fast that he thought of hanging up. But it was too late as the call had already gone through and he was staring at his mother.

"Mom?"

"Sean, hey baby?"

"Where is dad?"

"Michael?! Sean is calling," Cynthia called.

"Coming."

"I figure you are with Amy now Sean?"

"Yeah, I am. Thank you for everything."

"How is she holding up?"

"She is well kept together. She is just like you mom, closed off and hates showing her weakness." Sean observed.

"Well, son that is something you learn from the Whittaker's, especially Yvonne."

"Hello, son?" Michael greeted as he sat next to his wife.

"Dad."

"How is it going?"

"It's going well. Am with my sister now."

"Amy doing alright?'

"Yeah, she is the sister I always wanted remember?"

"Yeah I do remember," he chuckled.

"Thank you, mom, dad. For everything."

"Sean, I need to show you something," Amy said as she entered the office Sean was currently occupying.

"Come and say hi to my guardians back in Paris."

"Oh, sorry for interrupting." She told him as she walked to his side.

"Mr and Mrs Forte." She exclaimed. "Oh my God, you guys are legends here." She added.

"You have grown so much Amy. What have you been eating?" Mrs Forte asked.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Sean asked.

"Yeah, we do son. She is your sister. We know her." His dad said.

"Wow thanks, dad, I could have never lived without that piece of information." He said sarcasm dripping from his words

"You are so welcome, son. "

"Leave this two to their sarcasm battle. They live for that."

"I am so honoured Mr and Mrs Forte, Mom used to talk about you both a lot."