Chapter 26.

Numb is how Amy felt. No words could describe what was going through her mind. No amount of screaming could make it hurt less and no amount of tears could console her already broken state. So she got up from the bed, dressed and walked out.

The first stop was not where Aiden was but her parent's grave. She did not leave the car instead she just watched from far.

"In case you needed a refresher." The words echoed in her mind.

"I am making it my life's mission to break you, piece by piece and then I will enjoy seeing you on your knees begging me to spare your life."

Those two statements took turns going round and round her mind. She took out her phone and dialled Liam's cell.

"Hey Amy, how are you today?"

"What do you do when your person dies?" She sobbed.

The first tear fell and hence the dam broke, she did not want to feel it or even experience it.

"What?" He asked.

"Lilly is dead Liam. Sean killed her." She told him.

"Amy what? Where are you?"

"Outside mom and dad's cemetery. I did not know where else to go." Pause. Deep breathe. "Where do I go from here?" She broke down.

"I know it's hard Amy. But I need you to go check on Victor, Autumn and Aiden. I am on my way to you okay?"

"Okay." She choked on her voice.

After a few minutes of calming herself down, which did not work, she started her car and drove towards the house, which was only half an hour away.

Without waiting to get buzzed in, Amy tapped on her remote master key which opened the gate. The moment she walked in she found the three of them in the dining room, holding hands giving each other comfort silently.

Victor did not know what to do. Autumn did not know what to do and neither did Aiden. Amy walked past them and went directly to Lilly's room and the image she saw dropped her to her knees.

It being the third time she saw that position and the same bullet hole did not make it any easier for her. Gathering as much energy as she could Amy moved to the bed and lay on Lilly's chest.

"I am so sorry." She sobbed. "I failed you, Lilly, I promised to always protect you but I failed. Please forgive me, please forgive me." She lamented.

She moved her body and took Lilly in her hands laying her lifeless body on her chest, Amy kissed her forehead one last time before she had a complete breakdown.

Ironically, the first words Lilly ever spoke to Amy were also the last.

"Thank you for saving me." Little Lilly told little Amy after she broke the guy's nose and dived to retrieve Lilly from the pool she had been thrown into.

She had overheard a conversation between Lilly and her then friend which consisted of how much Lilly hated the water and that she could not swim.

"Thank you for saving me," Lilly told Amy when she went to say goodbye. Amy kissed her forehead and said, "Anytime." Just like she had replied all those years ago followed by a forehead kiss.

Ever since that day, Amy would always kiss Lilly's forehead because to her it signified respect and love. Her dad would constantly kiss her forehead and so she did it to Lilly.

"Thank you for saving me, Lilly." Amy whispered.

Amy did not know how long she had been holding Lilly's lifeless body because the next moment she saw Liam and Paige walk in the room followed by two new faces.