Chapter 35.

"Amy, did you hear what Liam said?" Ryan asked.

Amy looked at her hands which had Leo's blood then his body. She shook her head because the only thing going through it was that single statement. The last two words Leo had uttered. They alive.

Who were they? Who was alive? Could it be? Was it them? Amy tried to think of every scenario that what had happened wasn't true but she was there she was the one that found them. How was it possible.

"Amy," Ryan called her once again.

She turned to look at him her eyes unable to focus on Ryan as they drifted back to Leo Ned.

"Amy, Victor just activated his emergency tracker. Their son has been kidnapped." Ryan said.

The mention of Victor's name brought Amy out of the hazy land she was in. She tried to understand what Ryan had said as she was certain she heard the word kidnap somewhere.

"What?"

"Little Lilan has been kidnapped, Amy." Ryan tried to make her understand.

"Wait, when?"

"A few minutes ago. Victor just activated his tracker and then called your phone which Liam intercepted and answered."

"We need to go. Victor needs me." Amy said hysterically as she tried to get up. Ryan pulled her back down and then pointed at Leo, "You need to stay down until the threat is eliminated. The team is already here."

"Which team? It would take Liam a while to get here."

"My team. Team in black." Ryan said turning to survey the area as he heard a chopper from a distance. Minutes later after a thorough survey of the perimeter, the chopper landed and before Amy left she made sure everyone was okay. She asked for an account number where she would send the bills for what was destroyed.

She asked Ryan to call for cleanup and have Leo's body prepped for burial. After that Liam made sure to call Amy's contact from the police department and had the issue swept under the rug. Money and connections do wonders. Same thing as having dirt on someone powerful.

The first stop was the club as she surveyed how Rylan had been handling things in her absence.

Liam had made sure to tell Victor that they were working on it and not to involve the press or the statehouse considering his status.

Amy decided to delegate Victor's case to the team in black as her Alpha team had bigger matters to handle.

"Long time no see. How have yall been?" Amy greeted the team after they sat down for a briefing.

"Bad day?" One of the guys joked pointing at Amy's blood-stained hands.

Amy chuckled, "You have no idea."

"Thank you for saving my butt earlier." She looked at Ryan. "And even though he won't say it, he is grateful."

"Eh, we know." One guy chimed in.

It was the easy-going nature Amy loved. They made everything light even when facing death. They did it with a smile and a light nature.

"I have a new assignment for you. My nephew has been kidnapped and I need your help getting him back." She sighed. "The problem is we only have the crime scene to work with."

"How come he doesn't have a tracker?" Someone asked.

"He is only three months old," Amy said making them gasp. "He was taken from his baby cot outside the house. One minute he is there and the next he is not. The CCTV footage will be coming through any minute now. Dissect it and get to work. Rylan will be around to guide you, he is in charge. Call me if you need anything but for now, I have other matters that need my attention."