Chapter 1: Bad First Impressions

A/N - Author's Note
Speaking
*Thoughts*
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking or Reference
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally

Present Time (Makoto's Age: 17), Makoto POV

I wake up in a crazed sweat as my alarm blares at the head of my bed. I rub my eyes and exhaled tiredly. I then start to get more annoyed at the constant blaring from the alarm clock. I reach above and behind my head to look for the alarm clock that's still going off. I groan in annoyance as I can't find it. As I look for the alarm clock for about fifteen seconds, I finally found it and hit the Snooze button. I grabbed my alarm clock and pulled it down so that I can see what time it is.

I yawn and lets my eyes adjust on the small screen.*"Nnn...7:43..."* I thought to myself, blinking my sleep-induced eyes slowly as my brain starts to run and function properly as I slowly wake up. I see that it is also a Monday. The gears in my head start to crank and turn. Then, in sudden realization and shock, I quickly shot up out of my bed.

"7:43!?! SHIT! I'M GONNA BE LATE!" I quickly toss the clock to the side and begin to quickly get myself ready for school and start my day.

I run into my kitchen and grab some slices of Sunbeam bread and put it in a toaster. I take out the Apple and Grape Jelly from my refrigerator and place them on the ivory counter-top quickly brush my teeth, wash my face, and apply some cologne and deodorant to keep myself feeling fresh and nice. I go back into my bedroom and gather my supplies for school. Then, I looked at my amulet resting on my nightstand and placed it around my neck before linking the metal hooks together.

 Then, I looked at my amulet resting on my nightstand and placed it around my neck before linking the metal hooks together

I grab my Kuoh Academy uniform and put the separate pieces of clothing onto my body. By the time I was done taking care of my personal hygiene, the toaster popped out two light brown pieces of toast and I grab them swiftly. I pull out my butter knife and coat one side of the two pieces of toast in different jelly. I put them together, take a bite out of it, grab my school bag and keys to my apartment, stepped out of the main door, locked it as I stepped into the hallway, and started booking towards the transfer school on my first day.

It takes about twenty-five minutes of a walk to get to school, maybe less if one ran. I maneuvered myself around some crowds of people as I make my way through the main streets. The town I'm living in is called Kuoh Town. I moved down here about a month before the school year started. It's been about three years since I left the Americas due to some... issues with my adopted family. How I got back into Japan was thanks to some friends that gathered money for me to leave. Of course, I still keep in touch with those friends. They helped me get away from all that negativity, but I am going to miss them dearly. For now, I run with all of my energy. I bump into some people, even one girl that had long, jet black hair with amethyst eyes when I rounded the corner.

"Fhit! Shrry!" I muffled loudly through my toast and resume my run to the school, not bothering to look back at the girl that I ran into.

A few minutes have passed and I look at the time on my phone.