Chapter 10: Phoenix's Wake-Up Call - Part 2

A/N - Author's Note
Speaking
*Thoughts*
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking or Reference
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally

A/N: 13,000+ words... dear god, I am burnt out. Took me about three days and three nights/mornings to get this thing to where it is now. I'm taking a break from this for a while. Not too long. Just to give my mind a break. Enjoy the chapter, comment, and so forth. I'm going to bed. PEACE!

----------------------------------------

Makoto POV, 12:36AM - Five Hours before the Rating Game

Throughout this week and three days, I've been going to school and doing studies while also hunting some stray devils to pass the time. I haven't heard from Akiliren ever since our talk last week. He's gotten quieter, especially during my fights with some of the stray devils I encounter. Right now, I would be walking along the streets with a vanilla ice cream cone, covered with caramel syrup that I picked up when I was on my way from Kuoh Academy. As the sun continued to go down, I couldn't help but feel like this afternoon is going to be somewhat interesting. Right on cue, I hear some munching sounds down the alleyway. I walk into the alleyway and as I followed the sound of the munching, it slowly became louder and louder until I saw a stray devil feasting on an old man. I growl to myself and before I would confront and kill the demon, I witness the devil howl in pain as a silver holy spear pierced through the back of said stray devil. I watched the stray devil slowly disintegrate from existence. I was wary of what killed the stray devil until I hear a voice call me out.

"Letting a poor soul become devoured by a wretched being such as that stray devil is horrendous and impolite of you~," A calm voice said.

I look around and when I looked up, I see a man with two pairs of black feathered wings. I growl and get defensive.

"You're a Fallen Angel," I said before growling at the man.

The Fallen Angel would have a calm and collected expression before he swooped down and landed in front of me. I was able to get a better look at the man. From the looks of him, this man looked too stylish for his good. The Fallen Angel has arctic blue eyes and white hair while wearing an oxford blue tuxedo with a silver chain on the collar.

 The Fallen Angel has arctic blue eyes and white hair while wearing an oxford blue tuxedo with a silver chain on the collar

"Now then. Usually, if you were like any other Devil, I would drive my holy spear right into you and cleanse you of your wretched impurities," The man threatened, making me harden my glare towards him. "However, you are a special case. I've seen you before... I know who you are. More importantly, I know of the being that instills itself inside you. The Scourge Dragon, which makes you the Chrysolite Dragon Emperor."

"..Very perceptive of you, but what do you want," I spoke to the Fallen Angel.

"Right! Introductions! After all, someone as inferior as you should know of your betters," The Fallen Angel exclaimed before doing a courteous bow. "I am Vis Ashburn Montgomery, also known as the Phantom Dragon Emperor~" Vis introduced himself to me.