Chapter 13: Ancient Memories - Pt. 2

Speaking
*Thoughts*
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking or Reference
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally
{Flashback}

A/N: This Parter is going to be a Lore-Building/Explaining Chapter. Figured it was time to shed some light on a few things. Before we get into the chapter, I'll be making a QnA where you guys ask me questions or have feedback on this book. If you have ideas on how to make the story better, feel free to voice them and I'll see what I can do to incorporate it! 

One last thing: Shoutout to all of those that started to follow me! And go check out @TheSmokeyCrow and his stories! They're really good! Enough talk! Into the chapter! Enjoy and PEACE!!!

----------------------------------------

Third POV

In a large white room was Makoto and the supposed Veronika Sazel.

"W-Wait. Can you say that again?" Makoto asked Veronika, or the memory of her.

"Sure! I'm Veronika Sazel, first Chrysolite Dragon Emperor! Or Empress. Why does it have to be Emperor if I'm a girl? Seems a bit sexist," Veronika said as she started to think about the title.

"I can't believe this. I'm meeting my predecessor.. in some kind of mindscape?" Makoto said as he was confused to this area.

"Oh, yeah. I made this room. When I was alive, I always come here to get away from my troubles whenever I was by myself," Veronika said as she twirled around with arms stretched. "Do you like it?"

"Y-Yeah. Could use some color, though. Um, Ms. Sazel?" Makoto said, judging the room before looking at Veronika.

"Please drop the formalities. We're connected, you and I, even if it is through some gauntlet. Just call me Veronika, or Vero for short," Veronika said before realizing that she spoke her short nickname and started to feel sad.

"You alright?" Makoto asked Veronika.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just dug up some bad memories.." Veronika said before quickly changing her mood. "A-Anyways! Now that you're here, I can tell you some important stuff!"

"Wait, did you call me here?" Makoto asked Veronika.

"Yes... and no? Okay, I'll be honest. I was just sitting on those steps thinking, "It's so lonely here. I wish I had someone to talk to." Low-and-behold, you came here. I wasn't expecting for my wish to come true," Veronika admitted.

"I wasn't expecting this, but I'm glad. I need your advice," Makoto said as he sat down on the ground, legs criss-crossed.

Veronika look at Makoto with surprise, before changing it with glee.

"Oh? Well, okay then! What you need advice on?" Veronika asked, getting into the same sitting position as Makoto.

"Well.. for starters, Painful Greed's capabilities and my magic," Makoto stated.

"Ah yes. I'm assuming that you experienced what happens if you take so much damage?" Veronika asked.

Makoto nods.

"Painful Greed is the sheer definition of a "Double-Edged Sword". It takes and gives, so to speak. While I'm sure that Akiliren told you that Painful Greed is effective against strong magic, it's not the only thing it's effective against. It can take physical attacks as well. The only difference is that physical attacks feels more stronger and impactful, while magic attacks would feel more fluid and flooding," Veronika explained, going into some depth about Painful Greed.