Chapter 15: The Peaked Twilight - Part 2

Speaking
*Thoughts*
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking or Reference
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally
{Flashback}
Familiar Speaking

----------------------------------------

Kiba POV, 8 minutes ago

While Rias, Makoto, and Akeno fight Kokabiel, I turn my attention to Valper. I make my way towards the man who is the cause of the death of my comrades.. my old family.

"Valper Galilei, I am the sole survivor of the Holy Sword Project, or more accurately, those you tried to murder. I was able to live because I was reborn as a Devil. I refuse to die because I knew.. that one day that I WOULD AVENGE THE DEATH OF MY COMRADES!" I said as I lift my sacred gear, Sword Birth before charging at Valper.

"Kiba, no!" Rias exclaimed.

"MARIA, NOW!" Valper exclaimed.

At the outside view of my peripheral vision, I saw a glint of light. I stop my charge and jump back. However, I was caught in a blast that burned my body.

Once the dust cleared, I grunt as I lay on my stomach, trying to get up.

"W-What.. was that?" I said in a pained tone.

"Hmph. Took you long enough. You're late," Valper said as he looked to the girl that wore a black crown.

I looked at the spear of light that were inches away from me as it glowed its purple color.

"Quiet, old man. You are fortunate enough that my guardian deems this situation to be in need of my presence," The girl with blonde hair said with a spiteful tone.

"Wh-Who are you?" I said, struggling to get the words out as I feel myself getting weaker. 

The girl with blonde hair looks to me with a curious gaze.

"This is interesting. You managed to survive that attack? Your senses must've been very sharp in order to sense my spear's venomous light," The blonde girl said as she floated in the sky with her four black-feathered wings.

I struggle to get up and crawl back from the spear.

"But I forget myself. Sinners such as yourselves do need to be informed on who shall send you to the afterlife. I am Maria Montgomery, The Fallen Executioner," Maria introduced herself before lifting her left hand up, making her spear fly into her hand. "The one who will render judgement on you in God's stead."

I didn't notice the shocked expressions from Akeno and Rias as I'm feeling my body slowly recuperating from the narrowly dodged attack.

"The Fallen Executioner? I didn't expect to have Kokabiel to have someone like her here of all places," Rias muttered to herself.

"That spear... Wait... I know you! You were that girl I met a month ago!" Issei exclaimed as he pointed at Maria with his armored finger.