Chapter 15: The Pure Dusk of the Fallen - Part 1

Speaking
*Thoughts*
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking or Reference
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally
{Flashback}
Familiar Speaking

----------------------------------------

Makoto POV

I flap my four Devil wings as I fly through the clouds. The whole experience with Maria was... well, it was something else entirely. I would've died had that communication circle not appear. I was deep in my thoughts before I hear my partner speak up.

"The Fallen Executioner. Never thought you'd encounter her so soon," Akiliren telepathically spoke.

"You know of her?" I asked my partner.

"Only by her reputation. First heard of her while your predecessor still had me. She was a mystery to all Three Factions, but those that have managed to survive her has told tales of her exploits. Her power is greater than an average Fallen Angel and is nearly comparable to that of a Cadre-level Fallen. For now, I'd suggest that you avoid fighting her at all costs," Akiliren said.

"Huh. Never thought you'd tell me to run from a fight," I said.

"There's a difference between running from a fight and making a tactical retreat. One makes you a coward and the other makes you smart," Akiliren stated.

"Fair enough," I said as I flap my wings, looking for at least one of my friends. "Hey, Akiliren."

"Hm?" Akiliren hummed in response.

"Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't think you'd come in at that time," I said, grateful that Akiliren was looking out for me.

"Of course. Even in my temporary absence, I'm still keeping an eye on you," Akiliren telepathically said.

"Listen, about our conversation.." I said, wanting to talk about Akiliren's past.

"Now is not the time, Makoto," Akiliren stated.

I sighed heavily as I see a building up ahead that had familiar magic signatures inside.

"....When all of this is over, I will tell you," Akiliren stated.

I lightly smirk before landing at the building. I was about to push open the door but sighed. I take a step back before kicking the door with my left leg. Inside, I saw Rias, Sona, Tsubaki, Issei, Koneko, Akeno, and Saji.

"I'm here, bitches! Agh, damn it. Bad idea," I said as I felt my leg sting from kicking the door open.

"Makoto? What are you doing here?" Rias said, hand drawn back with a magic circle over the palm of her left hand.

"Makoto! Please help me! Rias is gonna spank me!" Issei said before noticing my clothes being messed up. "Wait, what happened to you?"

"I escaped with my life, that's what, but it looks like I'm in the middle of something," I said before chuckling.

Koneko ran over to me and saw the wound on my left forearm. "Your arm!" 

"I'm fine, Koneko. Just had a run-in with two Fallen Angels," I said as I conjure baelfire on my right hand and placed my engulfed hand over it.

I wince as I feel the flames trying to remove the holy elements that were embedded in the gash.

"Makoto. Please don't tell me you're involved as well," Rias said as she rubs her forehead.

"You bet your ass I am. Though, it seems like you guys got off a bit easy," I said as I look over to Rias.

"HOW IS GETTING MY ASS BEAT EASY!?" Saji exclaimed before screaming in pain as his butt was spanked by Sona's magic circle.