Chapter 12: Like-minded Souls

A/N - Author's Note
Speaking
*Thoughts*
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking or Reference
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally
{Flashback}

----------------------------------------

Third POV

Rain poured down on the three combatants: Freed, Kiba, and Makoto. Kiba stared at Freed, who is currently waving his sword above his head like a madman while Makoto is watching Freed's Excalibur. Freed gleefully laughs before charging at Kiba.

"Time to die!" Freed shouted.

"You first!" Makoto said as he dashed in front of Kiba and pulled up his armored right hand to aim it at Freed.

"Baelfire Blast!" Akiliren's voice boomed through Painful Greed.

Makoto's gauntlet palm glowed and a stream of light-green fire was shot directly towards Freed. Freed slammed the flat side of his Excalibur against Baelfire Blast as if the sword was like a bat. Fortunately for Freed, Excalibur managed to take the blow of the blast and Freed was unscathed.

"What the hell?" Makoto said, surprised to see that the holy sword Excalibur was able to withstand his attack.

"Hehehe! That fire of yours won't work well on my Excalibur!" Freed said as he goes to swing it down on Makoto.

Kiba interjected and blocked the attack with his sword, baring a hate-filled expression.

"Hasn't anyone told you to heed the faces you make? We wouldn't want our pretty little prince getting stuck that way. Luckily, Excalibur isn't picky. It's hungry for your blood!" Freed exclaimed.

"That's enough, freak," Kiba said as he knocked back Freed.

"Now that's a tone of voice I never thought I hear come out of you. Good job," Freed said before laughing.

"Holy! ERASER!" Kiba yelled as black-purple tendrils come out of Kiba's sacred treasure and wrap around Freed's Excalibur.

Freed's Excalibur glowed orange and negated Kiba's magic.

"That was cute. You win some, you lose some. Nice try, kid," Freed said before laughing once again.

"Whatever. It was just a test. I wanted to see if that sword was real. Thanks for giving me the license to destroy you and your sword," Kiba said as he charged at Freed.

The two clashed blades before Freed lands a horizontal cut on Kiba's right shoulder, causing him to scream and land on one knee.

"Aw, someone forgot to warn you. This sword absolutely despises Devils. Phooey!" Freed said as he looked down on Kiba. 

"Hey! Forgot something!" Makoto said as he leaped over Kiba and lands a flying kick to Freed's head.

Freed was knocked down on the ground temporarily before growling.

"Fine. You want a piece? I'll gladly give you the entr-AGH!" Freed said as he got back up only to be knocked down again.

The culprit was Kiba that landed a leg sweep.

"Damn you, you cheaters! Two-on-One isn't fair!" Freed complained.

"You of all people can't be talking! It's fair that you get a taste of your own medicine," Y/N said as he conjured a fireball of Baelfire.

"Stay out of this, Makoto! Freed's mine!" Kiba said as he gave a swift, horizontal slash towards Kiba's head.

Freed dodged out of the way and rolled behind Kiba.