Chapter 5: Bad Blood

A/N - Author's Note
Speaking
*Thoughts*
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking or Reference
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally

(Updated)

----------------------------------------

Issei POV

I hear the murderous intent coming from my alarm clock's voice trying to wake me up. I groan heavily as I look at the clock and see that it's morning time at 7:15 AM.

"I'm so tired... This damn clock gives me the strangest dreams.." I said before thinking on the word "dream".

I go to school to talk to my friends, Matsuda and Motohama about Yuuma. To my surprise, the two act like they never heard of Yuuma before in their life.

"Are you guys sure you don't remember Yuuma?" I asked the two of them, trying to wrap my head around this.

"I told you we don't know anything about her," Matsuda said as he lays against the wall.

"I'll say it again; you never introduced her to us, and you can't possibly have a girlfriend," Motohama said as he crouched down on his ankles on the steps.

"How can that be?! Her email address is right... It's gone! Yuma's phone number and email address.. vanished," I said before having a feeling to look up to my right.

Low and behold, I see the red-haired beauty that I saw before. I hear both Matsuda and Motohama exclaim about Rias and the girls from nearby fangirl about her. I watch her walk by me and I could've sworn I saw her throw a flirty look towards me. I can't help but feel stunned by her light blue colored eyes and perfect jawline. I block out what Matsuda and Motohama are saying amongst each other, before I realize something.

"Say, where's Makoto?"

Things went quiet as the two had grim looks on their faces.

"Well, we haven't heard from Makoto in a bit," Matsuda said as he scratches his cheek.

"Matsuda and I have been hearing some rumors that he has leave of absence due to some depression. We didn't believe them so we tried texting and calling him, but he didn't pick up nor did he look at our texts," Motohama said.

"What? That's so odd... I'll see if I can cheer him up.." I said as the day went by rather... off.

The students were talking about Makoto not being present and some were even talking about the verbal lashing he gave to the student body the other day. I went by Matsuda's house and the three of us chilled and watched some "Gentleman" DVDs, but my mind wandered off to other things, keeping me occupied on them. Then, when the lights were turned off, I noticed that the light from the television screen was brighter than before. I got up and left, feigning that I wasn't feeling up for it. I walked on the sidewalk for quite some time and take in the fact that not only do I see more clearly, but can hear at a farther distance. I start to get confused as to what is going on with my body. To clear my head, I start to run through the streets and my mind start to run a thousand miles as questions stack up. I didn't even notice I ended up going back to the park fountain. I recall the memory of Yuuma smiling at me.

"I was here with Yuuma on a date. Yuuma.. I don't want to believe it was merely a dream." I said before hearing something in the bushes. I turn around to see who it is, but see that it was a guy, but he strangely looks familiar.

"How unfortunate. To see that you're still alive after being pierced through the stomach. Oh well, I'll have to wrap this up quickly before he finds me," The guy with the fedora hat said.

I step back a little, but that ends up to be a backwards leap over the fountain.

"The hell? I was going to step back just a little!" I spoke to myself before I started to run.