Chapter 6: A Pure Soul

A/N - Author's Note
Speaking
*Thoughts*
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking or Reference
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally

(Update)

Makoto POV

After the eventful night that I had with Kalawarner, I decided to hold off my search. Why you ask? For starters, I encountered Kiba about ten minutes after that battle. Normally, I'd tell him to go fuck off if he's gonna report this to the redheaded tramp. Surprisingly, he promised not to say anything to Rias as long as I take it easy. Now, I'd decline him but dealing with Rias over and over again gives me a headache and raises my blood pressure so I told him that I'd tone it down on my search. Secondly, my grades have been slipping in mathematics so I have to focus on that. I do believe in a Work-Life balance, especially if it involves the supernatural. Third and certainly not least, that voice from last night was and is unsettling to me. The reason why it's unnerving me because it sounded like someone that I should know but I don't at the same time. Anyways, it's morning and I got up early so that I don't have to worry about getting late.

As I make myself toast, I hear Akiliren speak to me.

"Trouble sleeping?"

"No trouble at all. Slept like a peaceful corpse," I said as I proceed to grab some eggs, olive oil, and a frying pan.

Then, I would turn on the stove, letting the pan heat up before I add about a teaspoon of olive oil into the pan.

"... I believe that is not how you say it."

"Maybe, but a baby can wake up and throw a fit while a corpse has an eternal rest, not disturbed by anything," I said before cracking the eggs and placed the contents in the frying pan. 

The toast popped out of the toaster and I start eating while cooking the eggs.

"Interesting that you should say that since your thoughts were nothing but occupied with that voice that spoke to you last night."

I stopped mid-bite as Akiliren mentioned the voice that spoke out to me.

"Yeah. That was weird. The voice sounded soothing, yet in pain at the same time. And there was that name... Talax. Why am I being referenced as him? Do you know who that is, Akiliren?" I asked the dragon in my head, but all I received was silence.

"I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that you do."

"I knew OF him, yes. Talax was a Devil that had served his Faction with unwavering loyalty. The Angels and Fallen Angels feared this man and the Clan that he represented."

"I see. Wait, that doesn't explain why I'm being referenced as him."

"Perhaps there's some mystery to this. I'm sure it will reveal the answer eventually."

I sighed before finishing my breakfast and relax for a while before heading out. As I walk down the street, I bump into Issei who looked at me with a nervous expression.

"H-Hey man. You alright? Since your... you know," Issei said, trying to be careful with his words.

I raise my eyebrow in confusion before catching on to what he means. I nod to him and smirk.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. Sorry that you had to see that side of me.." I said before patting his shoulder.

"While I do admit that it's.... terrifying to witness that, I'm glad I'm not your enemy," Issei said after releasing his held breath.

I laugh at that notion and exhaled audibly.

"That we can agree on," I said before I start walking with Issei.