Chapter 10: Visiting Past Times - Part 1

A/N - Author's Note
Speaking
*Thoughts*
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking or Reference
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally

A/N: Hello! Drago_Filps here! Gonna make a brief announcement that I'm going to do a little revision. Now, the book is gonna look SO different, but it's not? I'm just gonna change my writing style, starting now. I don't know how long this will take me to revise the book, but I will try to get it as fast as possible so that I can give you that 11th Chapter. This chapter was a lot harder to make than I thought it would be and the fact that I have some midterm exams is not helping so Chapter 10 is gonna be cut in two parts. Also, we're near 1,000 views on the book! That's insane! Before I let you dive in to the aftermath of Chapter 9, I have one question..... How many of you like Record of Grancrest War/Grancrest Senki?

Comment here for your responses!

----------------------------------------

Third Person POV

"I want a shot at that fire-winged bastard. Count me in to the Rating Game," Makoto spoke to Rias, wanting to get his hands on that poor excuse of a noble.

Rias would look in shock but that changed into slight relief.

"I'm afraid that won't be possible," Grayfia then interjected. This caused Makoto to glare at Grayfia.

"And why is that?" Makoto asked Grayfia.

"For starters, the Rating Game between Rias Gremory and Riser Phenex will not and cannot have any volunteers. That is how the Rating Game is played ever since it has been created. Secondly, you need to be a part of Rias' peerage to be even considered a part of the match, unless you wish to join her peerage," Grayfia explained the reason as to why Makoto couldn't join the Rating Game as a temporary fill-in. 

Rias would look to Makoto hopefully, but she gets a scowl in return. Makoto wanted to lay waste to that peerage, but being a part of Rias Gremory's peerage is the one thing that he does not want. Hearing the scowl and taking it into account as Makoto's refusal, Grayfia would turn to Rias while Issei gets treated by Asia.

"Now that has been settled, the game will be held in ten days.

"Ten Days?" Rias asked Grayfia.

"Given the differences in experience and resources between Riser and you, I believe this is necessary to level the playing field," Grayfia explained to Rias.

"I hate to admit it, but I have to agree. While it is a nice thought to have Makoto to help us, it would be against the rules. I'm going to take you up on your offer and use the time for training," Rias told Grayfia, informing her of her decision.

Makoto, on the other hand, is downright upset that he can't get his hands on Riser.

"I'll now be taking my leave. Before I do, I would like to have a word with you Makoto.. in private," Grayfia turned to Makoto.

Makoto raised an eyebrow and nods.

"Sure, it's not like I had anything to do today," Makoto replied as he would walk towards the brown double-doors. Before he walked out, he turned his head to Rias. "Good luck, Rias. You're gonna need it.."

Rias nods to Makoto before he leaves. Grayfia would soon follow him.

===================================

Timeskip

===================================

Makoto's POV

*"Ugh! This is some bullshit! I can't get my hands on penix-breath due to some bloody rules!"* I thought to myself while having a slightly angered expression as I lead Grayfia to a park where we can talk privately.