Chapter 4: Friends out of Devils

A/N - Author's Note
Speaking
*Thoughts*
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking or Reference
Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally

----------------------------------------

Makoto's POV

After the tiring night that I had, I pretty much slept through the first half of school. I may have gotten yelled at by the teacher around the second period, but I could honestly care less. Fighting that Stray Devil drained me sufficiently. By the time it became lunch time, I would go to find a nice quiet spot to lie down and just sleep through lunch period. However, as I rounded the corner, I bumped into someone that is slightly taller than me. My head would hit against the person's and we fell to the ground. I heard books fall to the ground along with the person. I rub my head and before I was about to lash out at the person who bumped into me, I stopped myself as I see a white-skinned girl with blue glasses, black hair that goes all the way down to her knees, and a top hourglass frame for body shape. I blush slightly, but shake it off quickly. I help her out by collecting the books that fell on the floor, along with the papers that have fallen out of the books.

"Hey, sorry about bumping into you. I didn't watch where I was going."

I chuckle half-heartedly while gathering the books. The girl simply sighed before one side of her mouth curve upwards in the form of a smirk. 

"No no. It was my fault. I have a lot of things going on my mind," The girl said.

"Tell me about it. Say, you're Shinra Tsubaki? The Vice President?"

With that, Tsubaki sighed in slight disappointment

"That I am. Do you need something?" Shinra said before adjusting her glasses.

"No. Not really. I was about to go outside and sleep."

Shinra simply nods and holds her hands out for her books. I caught on and gave her the books. We both bowed slightly to each other before leaving. I then noticed that that was a lot of paperwork to sort and go through.

Makoto: "Tsubaki, wait."

She stopped and turned around with slight annoyance.

"What is it?" Shinra asked.

"Actually, do you need any help with that? Seems quite a lot, even for a hard-working girl such as yourself. I don't have anything much to do, except P.E. and Music class after lunch," I asked Tsubaki, noticing that she quickly turned around while not noticing her ears became tinted with red.

"S-Sure. I-I don't mind you helping. It will take a while so I'll make a pass on your next class period," Shinra said, lightly stuttering

"I don't mind. I need to be productive other than just go to classes. Lead the way, my fair maiden~" I replied, adding a courteous, knightly bow to Tsubaki. My pose elicited a giggle from her, but she quickly composes herself.