Chapter 18: The Sand's Assassin

"Speaking"
"Thoughts"
"Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking" or Reference
"Dragon or God/Goddess Speaking Internally or Telepathically"
{Flashback}
"Ability Speech or Speaking with Dragon/God/Goddess"

----------------------------------------

A/N: Hello everyone! Hope you all had a happy Christmas, Xmas, Hannukah, or whatever holiday you celebrated on the 25th! Before we get into the chapter, I want to announce that this Chapter will be the beginning of Makoto's very own arc, as well as some women from the Harem that will accompany him throughout this arc. Never fear, for Makoto will return by the time the Peace Summit starts. This arc will unveil a bunch of details, especially one particular dragon. Now with that being said, let's get into it and have a Happy New Year!

Makoto POV

After hearing Akiliren told me the translation of what the stranger said, the guy flung one of his golden khopesh towards me. Naturally, I moved my body out of the path of the thrown weapon. I charged towards this assassin, only to have that tingling sensation at the back of my neck to pop back up again. I look behind me to see the khopesh coming towards me from behind. I deflected it with my gauntlet, which caused it to bounce off it. Due to having my back exposed to me, the assassin capitalized by slashing across my back with his remaining sword. I lunged forward, away from the assassin, to gain some distance. The assassin used some kind of magic to make the thrown khopesh come back to his free hand.

"Who are you!? If it's about that winged cunt Kokabiel, then--"

"That fallen angel has nothing to do with this. This is something that goes far beyond your time," The assassin spoke behind his mask before charging towards me.

I click my tongue in annoyance as I summon my baelfire sword that I used against Kokabiel. I dash forward, swinging my sword arm at the assassin. The man returned in kind, but he also swung his secondary weapon at me. I pulled my gauntlet up to catch the sword mid-swing. The two of us bounce off the other's weapon. I used my sacred gear to extend the reach of my sword. I go back in for the charge, only to grind the edge of my sword into the ground. Almost seeing through this action, the assassin jumps back to avoid an incoming upward slash.

However, I predicted he would do this. I twist my sword up in order to cause debris to come up from the ground. I throw my left hand forward before using one of Painful Greed's spells.

"Transmute: Psyroshock!" I shout, causing the debris to float in the air before being engulfed in cursed green fire.

The burning, floating rocks were launched towards the assassin in fast speeds. The assassin took a brief stance as he cuts through every piece of debris that came his way. Using the debris as cover, I conjure my magic circle over my left hand. I throw my hand forward, sending a large, black-orange bolt of magic towards the assassin.  I can sense the growing frustration of the assassin, getting the idea that I'm exerting a ton of pressure onto him.

The assassin made his khopesh glow yellow, all before slashing the air. This caused the khopesh to discharge, sending arcs of.. sand? What surprised me was that the arcs of sand were cutting through my magic bolt.

"DODGE!" Akiliren shouted.

I followed my partner's instructions and dodged the arcs of sand. When I look back for a brief moment, I was shocked to see thin trenches in the ground once the arcs of sand hit the floor.

"You're open!" The assassin shouted as he broke the debris field and tried to perform an X-slash across my chest. 

Quickly thinking on my feet, I conjured a magic circle to block his attack. This made one of his khopesh's blades chip after the slash. I can hear him growl in anger as he went around the magic circle, throwing the secondary, chipped khopesh at me. I moved out of the way, but only to grab the thrown khopesh by the metal.