I am the Alpha - Part 13

(Edited)AN* Ahhhh over 100 votes!! Thank you all so much ;) x

This part jumps through all the guys POV's, sorry if it gets confusing i just thought it'd be more interesting.

-------------------

 Edited: 25/9/11

---

~Jordan~

Okay we need a name. Something that will piss off Jack.....

: ‘Erin?’ :

:‘Yup?’ :

:‘My team’s called Team Alpha’:

I can feel her laughing in my mind and Jack bristling beside me. Hah, made him mad... pity.

:‘Sure’ :

:‘You wish you were Alpha standard. We are team Gamma, they’re more deadly.’ :

Oh he is so going down.

Erin: Get out of here guys!!

:‘Going!’ Jack yells :

:‘Going’ Sam repeats :

:‘Gone!’ Mitch finishes. :

They all run out of the meadow towards the south side of the river which runs through our territory. Idiots!

:‘Come on guys, let’s bounce’ I call looking over my shoulder. :

I’m glad Erin gave us the east side, it’s the side I always seem to end up patrolling and like the rest of the territory I know it like the back of my hand. I reckon we’ll beat them. I mean we are pretty badass. I have got the guns to kill for, Matt’s got the brains and Chase is well... Chase is Chase. Looking around my eyes take in every detail of the forest looking for changes since I’d last ran through it. Nothing much has, except a fallen tree.

~Chase~

This is going to be a piece of cake!! Knowing Jack, Sam and Mitch they’ll just goof off and we’ll win by default. It’s a shame, I love a challenge. I’m the reigning champ for a lot of the tribe’s games. When we are doing drills and games we all call each other shortened versions of our names. I’m Ace, Chase, the ace. Nice ring to it, don’t ya think? The others are called; Jak, Mat, Sam, Mit or Mic, Rin and Dan. It saves time and effort.

Bolting through the forest, I feel like this is what I was born to do. Human sports just can’t compare when you’ve experienced being a wolf and going full out or ripping up some rogues. Shame, rouges don’t bother with our pack anymore we have a reputation of being one of the most powerful packs around. Considering some packs have fifteen wolves in their packs, we are definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Jordan is flicking his tail to signal that we will stop in the next clearing. Matt and I follow him into a small hidden clearing which any human walking past would miss.

:‘We’ll go human until we are sure they can’t hear us’ Jordan decides :

“Okay so here’s the plan......”

---

~Sam~

Jack, Mitch and I are sitting in a cave discussing the game plan. It’s been around an hour now and Erin still hasn’t started the game, no complaints here it gives us time to work strategy. Matt will have had something solid planned ages ago; they’re probably just sitting around waiting.

---

~Matt~

We have got this covered from every angle in every detail and are just chilling in the clearing.

“What do you guys reckon Erin will do during the game?” Chase queries suddenly

“She said she wanted to test her abilities so I’m sure we’ll see her” I tell him. Knowing Erin she’ll do something to stir it up a bit, easy has never really been her thing.

“We’ll look out for her, maybe try to get her on our side” Jordan states simply a smirk on his face.

“Is that a good idea?

“Couldn’t hurt”

“True”

---

~Jordan~

: ‘Jordan, are you ready?’ : Erin’s voice pops into my mind.

Hell yes! : ‘Okay, you need to go wolf then I’ll show you how to block out the others from the link effectively creating two links.’ : How did you learn to do that? : ‘I dunno honestly...’ : Typical Erin. :‘What, do you question my ninja skills?’ : ...Not at all most mighty alpha. Her laughter rings through my head. I can’t help but laugh out loud causing the guys to give me a ‘what are you on’ look.

“Erin is mind probing me!” I declare causing them to laugh harder.

“Time to go wolf, the game will start soon”

That shuts them up as our laughter is replaced with anticipation. I stand up and my body shivers as it morphs into my wolf form. Being in wolf form is epic. My fur is pitch black which makes me look dangerous and threatening to humans as well as other wolves.  Matt on the other hand is a light grey colour, more like a normal wolf would be. He finds this to his advantage because humans find nothing odd about a common wolf running through the forest; I on the other hand scare the living day-lights out of them at night and look nothing like the wolves that naturally live here. Chase is a chestnut colour which makes it easy for him to blend in the undergrowth. Seeing us all crouched in the undergrowth would be quite a strange sight.

:‘You ready?’ : Yup :‘Feel the link, feel the seven of us individually like strands of a rope wound together. Let each strand belong to one of us, let your-self except the feelings, the push and pull as each thread winds itself in and out. Now select Mitch and Matts threads; wind them with your own.’ : It’s shocking, Matt and Mitch obviously feel it to and we all are silent in amazement. :‘Now cut the threads belonging to Jack, Sam and Mitch’: I cut the links and suddenly I can no longer feel them at all and I guess they won’t be able to feel us.

:‘Very good, I’ll be back to talk in a second’ :

We wait for a few minutes still silenced by the strange connection.

: ‘Guys! Snap out of it’ :

: ‘You made us go into a daze didn’t you’ Jordan accuses :

:’ No, why would I do that...? Okay, do the usual things we do before we go into a battle or for a hunt. Jordan you are acting Alpha so you have to lead it. The game will start when I howl twice.’ :

---

Mitch’s POV:

A powerful howl brakes the silence that seemed to hang in the air making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Erin’s howl isn’t a command nor a question.. it’s hard to put a finger on. A second howl breaks the silence yet again and a bolt of adrenalin rushed from the tip of my tail up my spine filling me with a new energy.

The game has begun.

:’ Let’s do this Gamma’s, we’ll hit em hard and fast before they even see a thing....’:

: ‘we’ll be long gone! Sam finishes :

: ‘Damn straight’ I agree :

: ‘Now’ :

I race forward towards the western side of our territory as dusk surrounded me. Dusk is the best time to hunt and it’s also the best time for me, my dusty grey fur blends into the surrounding forest. I leap over fallen trees and rush through grassy clearing waiting for the signal from Jak.