Chapter Nine

October 2013

Melanie has just started teething so it is really messing her sleep schedule up because of the pain.

Scarlett is usually the one that stays up with her because Romain has just lost his patience with Melanie and that makes Scarlett mad that he would just loose his patience with his seven month old baby while she is in pain.

Right now Scarlett is sitting in the rocking chair in Melanie's nursery while holding the teether in Melanie's mouth as she lightly chews on it.

Scarlett rocks her daughter back and forth until she is back asleep so she places her back in her crib before walking out of her nursery leaving the door wide open in case Melanie wakes up again.

She slips back into bed and falls asleep quite quickly as she hasn't been getting a lot of sleep for obvious reasons.

Melanie wakes up again at around seven in the morning waking both Scarlett and Romain up.

Romain growls and gets out of the bed making his way to Melanie's room while a worried Scarlett follows behind him.

"Romain what are you doing?"Scarlett asks worried because of his state, he is enraged because he was awoken by his daughter.

He stomps through the door and screams at Melanie.

"SHUT UP YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

Scarlett jumps and quickly takes Romain's arm guiding him out of the room to let him calm down.

Romain screaming made Melanie start to scream as well, Romain just mumbles.

"I'm going out for a drive I'll be back later"

Scarlett let's him leave and quickly walks back over to her baby and picks her up.

She rocks her back and forth while whispering sweet nothings in her ear until Melanie calms down the best she can after what had just happened.

Scarlett grabs her teether from the freezer and places it into Melanie's mouth letting her lightly chew on it again.

She has no idea why Romain would shout at a baby never mind just a baby but his own baby daughter.

She just takes a deep breath and leans back in the rocking chair while letting Melanie chew on her teether.

It has been around two hours and Romain comes home calmer then he was when he left.

"What the fuck was that Romain!?!"Scarlett shouts at her fiancé seeming as though her daughter was fast asleep in her crib.

"She was annoying me"Romain mumbles only loud enough for Scarlett to hear, he was ashamed of himself and he should be ashamed.

"That doesn't give you a reason to scream at your seven month old baby like seriously Romain use your common sense. All I have been doing is caring for my baby girl and you haven't done shit, I love taking care of her but it is hard sometimes especially when your fiancé screams at her like that and makes her even more upset."Scarlett pauses for a second before continuing.

"She is in pain Romain, she is teething. She will be in pain a lot more from little falls in the playground or bumping her head or stubbing her toe, she could even break one of her bones but it doesn't matter if her cries are annoying you still help her and care for her and love her"Scarlett says tears building up in her eyes before she sighs.

"Your sleeping on the couch for the next week"Scarlett says sternly before walking upstairs to check on her baby girl.